It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: “what is the best Dual Action”. Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth.
The general problem
When somebody asks what the best shampoo is, they are not letting other people know what they mean with “best”. A shampoo is developed with several characteristics in mind. It has to be slick, good soluble in water, good cleaning properties, wax/sealant-safe and several more. These properties can be very different between products and/or brands. In the question “What is the best shampoo”, it is nowhere specified if that person is looking for a shampoo that is very slick, if it just smells nice or if it is the least protection-affecting.
So it is almost impossible to give an answer.
What to keep in mind when you ask the question
Many detailers are searching for a certain product that offers good quality. This could mean that they are looking for a cheap product, one that smells good, etc. Before you ask the question which product is the best it is important to know what you are looking for. Are you looking for a wax that offers mainly gloss? Or is easy to buff off? Or one that offers as much gloss?
It is important to know what you are looking for, and to know that there will be cases in which 2 properties can not be combined. A shampoo that is really awesome at washing away stubborn grease can not be wax safe. Simply because you need a certain harshness to remove the grease, harshness that is more then the wax can handle. Even sealants are likely to be affected by this.
A list of things to consider
Here is a list of properties you might consider including in your question. These can be your own preferences, or just things you find important. This list is simply made to help you find out what you exactly want to ask, so you will get better answers that suit your search.
Polishing machine – Dual Action
- Speed control
- Size of the pad
- Amount of throw
- Expected life span
- Length of cable
- 5/16″ thread
- Different backingplates
- Amount of vibration
- A sealant is protective product that is made up out of polymers. If they contain wax, they are considered hybrids. Sealants come in several different types and are the step between natural wax and completely synthetic protective products....
- Palm Beach Motoring Group, or PBMG, is the largest car care manufacturer, reseller and distributor in America. The company is owned by Vision Investments LLC. and is located in Florida, USA....
- Wetsanding isn't very difficult in the steps you need to take. It's the technique that makes the different. When mastered, wetsanding can give very good results, but it is also very risk and should be done with great care....
- A tonneau is an area in a vehicle that protects any passengers and is often covered by a soft or hard cover. The tonneau can be compared with a truck bed and has many different names. Modern cars don't really have the structure to correctly use this term....
- Angelwax is an Scotland based manufacturer of automotive detailing products. They offer a range of different products, from wax to shampoo. Angelwax is only one of a few manufacturers from Scotland....
- Scratch resistant paint is a holy grail in the world of surface finishes. It would suggest a type of surface finish that either is hard enough to withstand surface impacts, or is capable or reforming its damages surface....