Traffic film removers are specific products, designed to do a certain task. In this case the removal of traffic film. A product like this is not difficult in its use, but caution should be taken to prevent damage, stains or other unwanted results. This guide might not apply to 100% of the products on the market, but will give you a good starting point.
Why you want to use it
Traffic film removers offer a reasonably safe way of removing unwanted grime, dirt and other contaminants without any mechanical cleaning. The process is mostly chemical based. A traffic film remover does not do the full decontamination on its own, but it will remove enough to make the other jobs a lot easier. By not having to use a hard clay, or not having to rub it very hard, minimizes the risk of marring. Which in turns means there is less surface imperfection that needs to be corrected by polishing, which means you’ll remove less paint.
How to use a traffic film remover
- Spray on the surface
- Leave to dwell
- Rinse thoroughly
- wash with normal shampoo
Tips for use
When a is used incorrectly it can leave stains that can be very difficult to remove. By not testing it out on a small area first, you can also risk damaging the surface of certain areas. Here are a few tips that might help you to prevent using this product incorrectly.
- Never use it in direct sunlight when its warm
- Never use it on a hot surface
- Always test out the product on sensitive areas before spraying the whole car (sensitive areas are: wheels, soft top, unpainted trim etc)
- Wear gloves and protect your eyes and skin
- Rinse very thoroughly, and wash with shampoo afterwards to completely wash away all of the residue
- is not a substitute for claying
- is not made to be substitute for shampoo
- is not designed to be used on a weekly basis on the same surface
- is replaceable with several other products (including clay), but it is easier with less risk of increased surface imperfections
- 3D is an American based manufacturer of detailing products. Apart from also distributing other brands they offer a private label service. ...
- What are All In One ( ) productsAn All In One (often referred to as a) product is 1 product that serves 2 (or more) goals, or works in 2 (or more) ways. This can either be a mixture of properties that result in more than 1 effect that is commonly only achieved by 2 products, or this can be mixture of products. Not all the product are actually called like that. Basically, it's the opposite of a "stand-alone product", which is 1 product that is aimed at 1 task/property....
- The Tornador is a special designed tool that uses compressed air to blow out dirt from a certain surface. The straw inside the funnel-shaped tip makes the air rotate very quickly, making it possible to work on a much greater surface....
- Just like you can use detailing products in your house, you can use household product with detailing. Although it pays to know when you can use them....
- Infinity Wax is a Scottish manufacturer of detailing products. The company was born by a passion for products that would outperform the current products that where available at the time....
- Using a glass cleaner properly is the part that can make a big difference. A budget product used correctly can give better results than a quality product used badly. Getting streak-free and smear-free result can be achieved much easier when using the right technique....