Detailing isn’t without risks. You work with chemicals or fast moving machines. It is important to take you own safety into account and to be aware of health risks at work. Preparation is key to safety.
You might be working with electrical equipment which have their risks.
- Electricity is very dangerous, getting into contact with a it can lead to death. Proper insulated shoes will help to protect yourself
- Water and electricity don’t mix, keep these 2 apart as much as you can
- Check the leads of your machines regularly to prevent getting electrocuted
- Many products within the world of detailing contain certain chemicals, these can be dangerous to you
- pH neutral chemicals are often relatively safe, however, it is not a bad choice to wear gloves
- Acidic liquids are very dangerous, they can burn your skin, eyes and when inhaled can damage your lungs
- Alkaline liquids are very dangerous, they can burn your skin, eyes and when inhaled can damage your lungs
- Although polishes don’t often contain very harsh chemicals, it can be very painful if you get a drop in your eyes
- Chemicals that are designed to remove grease and fat, can also remove natural fat from your skin, drying it out and damaging it
- Some of these chemicals can evaporate, the fumes of these liquids can be bad for your health, knowing when you need to wear protection for inhaling might be a wise decision
- You are working with heavy object (cars, bikes, boats etc.) which will be jacked up for some jobs. Wear steel-toe shoes to protect your feet
- The object you are working on can have sharp edges, it is advised to wear gloves
- Since you are working with water, the floor around you can become very slippery. It might be wise to invest in a type of flooring that doesn’t get very slippery when wet
- The chemicals you are working with can be hazardous to your skin, lungs and eyes. These products can be knocked over, A stable platform can be a wise investment
- Since you are working with tools that have leads that you can trip over, be aware of your surroundings and try to keep the floor empty and organized
Visual and other risks to your health
- It is always safe to wear eye protection. Polish can fly from the pad or the surface towards your eye for example
- Seeing as you are working with machines, you can wear ear protection
- It is safest to take any jewelry off, you could get caught with it or even make scratches
- When wearing gloves because you are working with chemicals, remember that those chemicals can also get in contact with your eyes, clothes and other parts of skin. Protection might be needed to retain your health
- Always put your health above the work that needs to be done
- AlloyGator Ltd is an English company that manufacturers plastic inserts that can be mounted between the wheel and the rim to prevent damage to the rim when hitting a curb. The products are being sold in various countries around the world and are known under the name "AlloyGator"....
- How to read , , , dataProductlabels should (if applicable) show warning signs based on theirdata (Also referred to as , or ). These logo's all have different meanings and give you a good visual warning on the dangerous properties....
- "Protection" is an often used term in the field of detailing and valeting. But it is not always clear to everybody what protection really means, and what it does. Protection is a term used to clarify that a product is designed to form a barrier between a surface and contaminants from outside....
- Carnauba waxes are the traditional automotive paintwork protection. Carnauba wax is secreted by the leaves of a tree in the rainforests of Brazil in order to protect the leaves from the blistering heat. It is one of natures most durable waxes with excellent protective properties that makes it ideal for protecting paint....
- In the field of protective products, the sealant has become a rising star. The demand for an easy to use sealant has grown over the last decade. There is also a rise in quality of the ingredients used with the advancements made in the field of polymer-technology, resulting in better performing products. ...
- Kisho Corporation is a Japanese manufacturer of automotive coatings that have been in business since 1965 and is located in Hyogo prefecture. The company started out as a manufacturer of cosmetic and detergent products but have moved into car care products since 1970....