Written by: Vinnie van Rooij
Carrand is a California, America based manufacturer of consumer car cleaning supplies. The company is a subsidiary of Hopkins Manufacturing from Kansas, America.
Carrand was founded in 1982 to design, manufactur and engineer consumer grade car cleaning products. Over time they also started to supply tools and equipment. The brand grew into a range of 200 different cleaning tools.
Products offerend by Carrand are divided into a few different ranges. Some of these are:
The AutoSpa department offers different tools and equipment for polishing.
The Professional range of products incorporates different products and tools that are aimed at the professional detailer. The range of products are tested by third parties and offered in larger quantities.
A dedicated range to large vehicles such as trucks. A complete washing system aimed at the easy cleaning of big vehicles.
Car, Truck, RV
A commercial line of tools and equipment to clean smaller vehicles at home. These include large and small brushes, poles and nozzles.
Carrand has its own company website. The brand is active in several different countries. Carrand is not very active on social media and is rarely seen on detailing related events or car care meetings. The brand is most often represented by resellers or distributors
- S.M. Arnold Inc. is an American manufacturer of detailing products that is the backbone of extra brands such as Water Sprite, Speedy surface prep, Speedy Stik and Speedy Super Foamer. The company originates from 1928 and has a wide variety of detailing products....
- Nanolex is German based manufacturer of high-end nano-technology products for the automotive-, marine- and aerial detailing sector. With a collection of products that include, shampoo, coatings, sealants and tools....
- Washing is the act of replacing unwanted particles/substances from a surface to a carrying medium. This act is used to clean the surface that is being washed....
- Rubbing polish is the act of using ones hand or skin to apply the polish to the surface by hand, and creating a moving effect in order to get a polishing effect on the surface underneath. The method can be compared to applying wax by hand....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best wheelbrush". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- When you polish a surface, the level of imperfection defines how much work it will be to achieve a perfect finish. This can either be a 1 stage polish, a 2 stage polish or even a 3 stage polish. Different types of stages needed define slightly what pads and/or polish you are going to need, and might give an indication of the time-frame needed....
Links to this articleThere are no external links to this article. Yet.