Carrand is a California, America based manufacturer of consumer car cleaning supplies. The company is a subsidiary of Hopkins Manufacturing from Kansas, America.
Carrand was founded in 1982 to design, manufactur and engineer consumer grade car cleaning products. Over time they also started to supply tools and equipment. The brand grew into a range of 200 different cleaning tools.
Products offerend by Carrand are divided into a few different ranges. Some of these are:
The AutoSpa department offers different tools and equipment for polishing.
The Professional range of products incorporates different products and tools that are aimed at the professional detailer. The range of products are tested by third parties and offered in larger quantities.
A dedicated range to large vehicles such as trucks. A complete washing system aimed at the easy cleaning of big vehicles.
Car, Truck, RV
Carrand has its own company website. The brand is active in several different countries. Carrand is not very active on social media and is rarely seen on detailing related events or car care meetings. The brand is most often represented by resellers or distributors
- Orange peel is the term for the unevenness of a layer of paint on top of a surface. When you look closely, the surface resembles the skin of an orange. Many detailers consider orange peel unwanted, ugly and a fault of the painter. Orange peel can be found in the clear coat and also in the colored layer of paint....
- Autosmart is one of the biggest suppliers of car cleaning products and materials, which are mostly supplied just to professionals and other businesses. The company aims at formulating large quantities which push production costs down. Autosmart is almost being sold worldwide and is based in Staffordshire, United Kingdom....
- Tetrosyl is the main company behind brands such as T-cut, Bluecol, Double-T and several others. The company is located in Lancashire, England and offers their products through an extensive network of international distributors and resellers....
- Spit shining is an old technique used by shoe-polishers to get amazing results. This technique can also be used with applying wax on cars. The technique needs some practice to master properly, but can give amazing results....
- MADCOW is an UK based manufacturer of detailing products. The brand was founded in 2013 and has been spreading its products over various countries in Europe. It recently found a distributor in America as well....
- The IDA is the International Detailing Association, an American based association aimed at creating a standard for the detailing, valeting and car care industry by sharing information, networking between manufacturer, professionals and industry peers. IDA's mission is stated as: Promoting the success and growth of the professional detailing community....