Gtechniq is an United Kingdom based manufacturer of car detailing products that has a firm aim at the high-tech nano coatings market. They produce and sell varies detailing items and products. They also produce products for the marine, domestic and aircraft market.
Although Gtechniq also sells tools (applicators, pads, spraybottles etc.) their main goal lies with the manufacturing of high-tech cleaning and or protecting products. Most of these products are based on nano-technology recipes. Gtechniq produces several types of coatings, which have gained the most recognition. Their car body coating and glass coatings are much loved among several detailers. The newer ultra-tough coating Crystal Serum is so special that it can only be applied by a trained Gtechniq approved detailer.
Gtechniq is only one of a few manufacturers that have a very firm aim at the nano-technology market.
Gtechniq has had a troubling history.
(Quote taken directly from the Gtechniq website)
Gtechniq was founded by quantum physicist Drew Gill in 2001, out of a total dissatisfaction with the performance of paint protection products at the time.
Everything from waxes, to new-fangled polymers and PTFE based miracle treatments, nothing on the market offered any meaningful durability, either in looks, or protection. Worse still, he found that most of the products actually performed poorer than the paints they were supposed to protect.
From this discontent came a simple idea, ‘To engineer the world’s most beautiful, perfectly finished, smartest and most intelligent surfaces. Surfaces that do much more than simply look great when new.’
Drew’s background meant that he had a good understanding of how the forces, shapes and structures of a surface works on very small scales. He also knew what modifications may be possible in order to add some really useful enhancements. Improvements such as dirt repellency, ease of washing, scratch, UV and stain resistance, along with, long-term gloss and colour stability.
So, after surveying many avenues of material science, in particular nano-scale surface engineering, lots of hard work and many thousands of failures, Gtechniq, Smart Surface Science was born.
The first product in the Gtechniq range to be produced was C1 Crystal Lacquer, closely followed by P1 Nano Composite Polish.
In 2006, Rob Earle became managing director of Gtechniq Ltd, taking over the reins from Drew. Rob’s passion for cars, boats and detailing in his spare time, gave him the enthusiasm to develop Gtechniq, testing new boundaries. He innovated and developed the products Drew had created, plus a whole lot more besides.
Rob worked hard using forums such as Detailing World to develop Gtechniq’s reputation. Sending products to detailers and car care enthusiasts for testing and review, and letting the products speak for themselves. After opening a Detailing Centre in Kings Langley, which proved extremely successful, demand grew for Gtechniq. And the first Gtechniq website was launched selling products mail order across the globe.
At the start of 2012 the conscious decision was made to close the detailing side of the business and to concentrate solely on product development and manufacturing. In order to do this, the business moved to new premises in Towcester, Northamptonshire.
After nine months, a fire caused a major setback to Gtechniq, burning the new building and its contents to the ground. This did not deter Rob and his team of dedicated staff who work hard to rebuild the business – manufacturing more products and using a friend’s barn to store and package products for distribution.
Following the fire, the business moved to a new home on the Pury Hill Business Park, Towcester, and continued to flourish.
Over the last 10 years, Gtechniq’s products have been continually improved to provide a range that outshines and outlasts the competition. Rob has built a fresh, innovative brand, different to any other available on the market.
Gtechniq’s line of surface preparation and finishing products are designed to perfect, protect and maintain all automotive, marine and aviation exteriors and interiors in a way no traditional products can match.
Gtechniq and internet
- The Clay Cloth Company is an Shropshire, England manufacturer of different detailing products with the clay cloth as their core product. The company also offers a few different brands through their webshop....
- A-Chem is an United Kingdom based manufacturer of cleaning chemicals for different purposes. Among industrials, woodcare and car care products they offer private labelling, manufacturing and distrubting. The company makes and sells their own brand of detailing products under the name "A-Chem"....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best claylube". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- A polished car will stay cleaner for longer, and will in fact be much easier to clean, even without protection added. This is due to a surface that so smooth that dirt has less chance of getting caught in the microscopic hills and valleys....
- If you are starting up a business, it is important to market your business, otherwise people will not know you exist. But how do you do this? How do you make them aware of your presence and service, and then make them come to you? It is something that is difficult for any business. This is why there is big money in marketing. However, there are some reasonably simple steps you can take to get things started....
- Bilt Hamber is an Essex, United Kingdom based manufacturer of high-end automotive detailing products. They manufacture and sell their own products with resellers throughout Europe....