Gtechniq is an United Kingdom based manufacturer of car detailing products that has a firm aim at the high-tech nano coatings market. They produce and sell varies detailing items and products. They also produce products for the marine, domestic and aircraft market.
Although Gtechniq also sells tools (applicators, pads, spraybottles etc.) their main goal lies with the manufacturing of high-tech cleaning and or protecting products. Most of these products are based on nano-technology recipes. Gtechniq produces several types of coatings, which have gained the most recognition. Their car body coating and glass coatings are much loved among several detailers. The newer ultra-tough coating Crystal Serum is so special that it can only be applied by a trained Gtechniq approved detailer.
Gtechniq is only one of a few manufacturers that have a very firm aim at the nano-technology market.
Gtechniq has had a troubling history.
(Quote taken directly from the Gtechniq website)
Gtechniq was founded by quantum physicist Drew Gill in 2001, out of a total dissatisfaction with the performance of paint protection products at the time.
Everything from waxes, to new-fangled polymers and PTFE based miracle treatments, nothing on the market offered any meaningful durability, either in looks, or protection. Worse still, he found that most of the products actually performed poorer than the paints they were supposed to protect.
From this discontent came a simple idea, ‘To engineer the world’s most beautiful, perfectly finished, smartest and most intelligent surfaces. Surfaces that do much more than simply look great when new.’
Drew’s background meant that he had a good understanding of how the forces, shapes and structures of a surface works on very small scales. He also knew what modifications may be possible in order to add some really useful enhancements. Improvements such as dirt repellency, ease of washing, scratch, UV and stain resistance, along with, long-term gloss and colour stability.
So, after surveying many avenues of material science, in particular nano-scale surface engineering, lots of hard work and many thousands of failures, Gtechniq, Smart Surface Science was born.
The first product in the Gtechniq range to be produced was C1 Crystal Lacquer, closely followed by P1 Nano Composite Polish.
In 2006, Rob Earle became managing director of Gtechniq Ltd, taking over the reins from Drew. Rob’s passion for cars, boats and detailing in his spare time, gave him the enthusiasm to develop Gtechniq, testing new boundaries. He innovated and developed the products Drew had created, plus a whole lot more besides.
Rob worked hard using forums such as Detailing World to develop Gtechniq’s reputation. Sending products to detailers and car care enthusiasts for testing and review, and letting the products speak for themselves. After opening a Detailing Centre in Kings Langley, which proved extremely successful, demand grew for Gtechniq. And the first Gtechniq website was launched selling products mail order across the globe.
At the start of 2012 the conscious decision was made to close the detailing side of the business and to concentrate solely on product development and manufacturing. In order to do this, the business moved to new premises in Towcester, Northamptonshire.
After nine months, a fire caused a major setback to Gtechniq, burning the new building and its contents to the ground. This did not deter Rob and his team of dedicated staff who work hard to rebuild the business – manufacturing more products and using a friend’s barn to store and package products for distribution.
Following the fire, the business moved to a new home on the Pury Hill Business Park, Towcester, and continued to flourish.
Over the last 10 years, Gtechniq’s products have been continually improved to provide a range that outshines and outlasts the competition. Rob has built a fresh, innovative brand, different to any other available on the market.
Gtechniq’s line of surface preparation and finishing products are designed to perfect, protect and maintain all automotive, marine and aviation exteriors and interiors in a way no traditional products can match.
Gtechniq and internet
- Britemax (formerly: Metal Masters) started out in 2004 with a strong focus on metal polishing products. The current range has grown into compounds, glazes, sealants and waxes with several different types of cleaning products. The company originates from the united Kingdom....
- Metabo GmbH is a German manufacturer of power tools, such as machine polishers that are used in the detailing community. The company was founded in the 1920's and has a very wide range of products, not all of these are used while detailing....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best leather protector". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Premium Finish Care is an American based manufacturer of detailing products. They own several brands which are used to market their products. They don't offer products under their own name....
- Poorboys World is a manufacturer of detailing products that range from polish to shampoos and cleaners. The product are being sold worldwide and focusses on the quality of their products, nothing else. Not even their labels....
- RIWAX is a manufacturer of several different types of car care and car detailing products. The brand is being sold in several different countries and has an almost global spread. The brand originates from Switzerland....