Zymöl is a manufacturer of different car care product and is located in America. The history and links with the Swissvax company has caused for some problems in the past. Zymöl products are generally aimed at varies parts of the detailing process.
The information below was supplied by the headoffice of Zymöl. The information shared with us does not meet the public information that can be found on detailing fora, meetings boards, social media and some other websites. We chose to use the information supplied by Zymöl.
Zymöl was established in 1980 by Charles Bennet. Mr Bennet visited his grandmother’s borthplace he found a wax formula for horse-draw wooden carriages. With the help of a pharmaceutical company he managed to determine the composition and found suitable substitutes for the recipe. Some of the older, inferfior ingrediënts where replaced with suitable modern variants. After Charles Bennet wasn’t fully satisfied with the result, they added invertase and propolis, an enzymatic emollient like you find in beer of yogurt.
The first part of “Zymöl” comes from the word “enZYMe”. The last part of the word is based on the German word for oil: “öl”.
Zymöl and Swissvax
Many customers have been confused with the similar-sounding brandnames: Swissvax, Swissol and Swizol. However, these are not willingly connected with each other. After Hans Anwander from Anwander & Co approached Zymöl to become and autorised distributor, the 2 comes got in contact for the first time. This was around 1990. An unknown time later, Zymöl received several complaints regarding the creation of counterfeit Zymöl products with similar packaging, stylization, patent infringement and false advertising including ingrediënt listings. After Zymöl asked them to cease these counterfeits, a new company was formed under the name Swizol which continued the counterfeits. After this company was also asked to cease these counterfeits, another company followed by the name Swissol. At an uncertain moment this company was also told to cease their counterfeits, which was eventually followed by the birth af a new company under the name: Swissvax. A law suit resulted against this last company in 2004 after they eventually advertised their products online. Zymöl claims to have won the court case in the US Federal Court, but the Swissvax brand still exists and is still active.
Zymöl products are designed with a designed plan of development: formulas are defined with plant standards, natural ingredients are sourced, rigid testing begins, Zymöl standards are established, Car Car products become world renown, groves and ordchards are established in Florida and Zymöl expands product offerings. This has led to a range of products that offers solutions for many of the common detailing steps. Zymöl started out with wax products, but nowadays offers products such as washing, conditions, glazes, cleaners and protection.
Zymöl products are enzyme based, which means that they use air as a catalyst in the curing of the wax. This basically means that the product in the jar is an emulsion of ingredients, that technically only becomes a “wax” when it comes into direct contact with air and the catalyst makes it haze and cure.
Zymöl has its own company website and is located in America. The company or brand is sparingly seen on detailing related meetings or events and can be mentioned at detailing fora and/or message boards by customers and some resellers. The company is not overly active on social media.
Unofficial history of Zymöl
The below video was made by Luke Macken and gives insight into the (unofficial) history behind Zymöl.
- OEM stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer", which refers to a company that makes a product that is used in another companies end-product. For example: a Chinese bottle company is the OEM supplier for the bottle of polish you use. There is a lot of confusion on the term, its meaning and its proper use....
- Salt is an unwelcome type of contamination on your vehicle. Salt can cause rapid corrosion and extreme dage to unprotected metals. It can also severely stain polished metals and create a matte look over the surface....
- Detailing brushes come in all types and sizes and can be used for several different tasks. In general, these are aimed at scrubbing but can sometimes also be used to reach an area that is difficult to reach with a microfiber towel....
- Fabric protection is a form of treatment designed to prevent the fabric from suffering from contaminants. This could be in the form of liquids, dust, oil and other forms of unwanted particles that could get absorbed into the fibers of the fabric....
- When you polish a surface, the level of imperfection defines how much work it will be to achieve a perfect finish. This can either be a 1 stage polish, a 2 stage polish or even a 3 stage polish. Different types of stages needed define slightly what pads and/or polish you are going to need, and might give an indication of the time-frame needed....
- Eurochem Group Chemicals Ltd is an United Kingdom based manufacturer of car car supplies. The brand is mostly known as Eurochem and has a wide range of products for both washing, detailing, cleaning en supplies....