Zymöl is a manufacturer of different car care product and is located in America. The history and links with the Swissvax company has caused for some problems in the past. Zymöl products are generally aimed at varies parts of the detailing process.
The information below was supplied by the headoffice of Zymöl. The information shared with us does not meet the public information that can be found on detailing fora, meetings boards, social media and some other websites. We chose to use the information supplied by Zymöl.
Zymöl was established in 1980 by Charles Bennet. Mr Bennet visited his grandmother’s borthplace he found a wax formula for horse-draw wooden carriages. With the help of a pharmaceutical company he managed to determine the composition and found suitable substitutes for the recipe. Some of the older, inferfior ingrediënts where replaced with suitable modern variants. After Charles Bennet wasn’t fully satisfied with the result, they added invertase and propolis, an enzymatic emollient like you find in beer of yogurt.
The first part of “Zymöl” comes from the word “enZYMe”. The last part of the word is based on the German word for oil: “öl”.
Zymöl and Swissvax
Many customers have been confused with the similar-sounding brandnames: Swissvax, Swissol and Swizol. However, these are not willingly connected with each other. After Hans Anwander from Anwander & Co approached Zymöl to become and autorised distributor, the 2 comes got in contact for the first time. This was around 1990. An unknown time later, Zymöl received several complaints regarding the creation of counterfeit Zymöl products with similar packaging, stylization, patent infringement and false advertising including ingrediënt listings. After Zymöl asked them to cease these counterfeits, a new company was formed under the name Swizol which continued the counterfeits. After this company was also asked to cease these counterfeits, another company followed by the name Swissol. At an uncertain moment this company was also told to cease their counterfeits, which was eventually followed by the birth af a new company under the name: Swissvax. A law suit resulted against this last company in 2004 after they eventually advertised their products online. Zymöl claims to have won the court case in the US Federal Court, but the Swissvax brand still exists and is still active.
Zymöl products are designed with a designed plan of development: formulas are defined with plant standards, natural ingredients are sourced, rigid testing begins, Zymöl standards are established, Car Car products become world renown, groves and ordchards are established in Florida and Zymöl expands product offerings. This has led to a range of products that offers solutions for many of the common detailing steps. Zymöl started out with wax products, but nowadays offers products such as washing, conditions, glazes, cleaners and protection.
Zymöl products are enzyme based, which means that they use air as a catalyst in the curing of the wax. This basically means that the product in the jar is an emulsion of ingredients, that technically only becomes a “wax” when it comes into direct contact with air and the catalyst makes it haze and cure.
Zymöl has its own company website and is located in America. The company or brand is sparingly seen on detailing related meetings or events and can be mentioned at detailing fora and/or message boards by customers and some resellers. The company is not overly active on social media.
Unofficial history of Zymöl
The below video was made by Luke Macken and gives insight into the (unofficial) history behind Zymöl.
- Sensha is one of only a few detailing product manufacturers from Australia. The company is located in Sydney but has its origin in Japan since 1997, and offers a wide range of products for carwashes, valeting and detailing....
- Tetrosyl is the main company behind brands such as T-cut, Bluecol, Double-T and several others. The company is located in Lancashire, England and offers their products through an extensive network of international distributors and resellers....
- Liqui Tech is a Canadian company that was founded in 1992 and has been developing car care products. The most common name used for their products is Finish First. The company has a wide range of products offering solutions for vehicles, motors, RV and marine cleaning needs....
- Some prefer to wash with warm water, others prefer to wash with cold water. Although the experience of working with it may be different, it is not completely clear what the difference is in the effect it has on a product or a surface....
- A Last Step Product (LSP) is the product that you use in the last step of detailing. This is the "protection" part of detailing. The term is often used by people telling or asking what product was used to protect the achieved finish after a small or large detailing session. As abbreviations are popular, this term quickly become shortened into: LSP....
- Wolfgang is one of the brands by Palm Beach Motoring Group and is located in the United States of America. The brand is also known as Wolfgang Chemicals or Wolfgang Concours....