Monello is a Dutch brand of detailing products that sells polishes, shampoos, fallout removers, microfiber cloths and several more. The head office is located in the Bergschenhoek, The Netherlands, but it is being sold in several places around the world.
Origin of the brand
Monello first started out in The Netherlands in 2008 as the brainchild of Tim Struijs and Bert Busch. They started out with only a small selection of products, but soon expanded as their popularity grew. The word Monello is Italian for “brat” or “rascal”. The name was picked because Monello is the brat in the detailing industry. The one that changes peoples mind and annoys the competition.
Monello might have its headoffice in The Netherlands, the products itself are being sold in The Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Denmark, Finland, Cyprus and Italy. Certain fans of the brand and its products have actually been seen on Social Media from England and Australia. It might not be sold there (at the time of writing), but international parcel post fixes that problem.
Monello spents a lot of time and effort on their customer service, Tim Struijs is owner of the webshop Carclean.nl and transferred his experience and knowledge he gained into the Monello brand.
Monello has their own company website and are very approachable. They are active on social media, can be contacted via their website and are also active on a few detailing related fora. The general concept is to think “with the customer” and “out of the box”.
Their range of products
Monello sells several types of products. Although they are best known for their Non Ferro fallout remover, they also sell (at the time of writing) wax, shampoo, microfiber towels, polishes, sponges, washmitts, snowfoam, QDs, polishpads, clay, applicators, wheel brushes, polishing cones, lights and bags for your tools.
They are known to release new products on a regular basis, so the list above will get bigger in the future.
Their official description
Their official description says (translated from Dutch to English):
Monello car care products are created and developed by true enthusiasts. We have a passion for our branch en want to supply products that offer the best quality and rise above the competition. Monello products are developed and produced out of love, and it shows.
Our collection of product is compact and clear. All our product are developed from the perspective of the high expectations of a detailer, zijn easy to use and effective and offer a ‘better then showroomshine’ result.
Our polishes work effectively and save paint depth. Instead of just hiding swirls, micro-imperfections and holograms, our polishes truly remove those imperfections. Even with todays rock-hard and ceramic paints.
Our first-class microfiber products are softer then soft, scratch free en specially developed for Monello. Besides our selection of towels, we also have washmitts and an microfibersponge in our collection.
Let Monello surprise you.
- Finish Kare is a detailing products manufacturer that started out creating mold release products. The step into car wax for protective purposes was a small change that was easy enough to make. The brand now offers a small range of cleaning, polishing, protecting and perfecting surfaces for both car and marine detailing....
- Marring is a superficial surface imperfection most commonly seen after claying. It is slightly similar to a combination between swirls and holograms....
- The DA (Dual Action) polisher is considered by many to be the machine to use if you are new to machine polishing, though as discussed elsewhere, this is not always the case - rather, you should try wherever possible to try both styles of machine (DA and rotary) and see which suit your style the best as many will find the vibrations of DA polisher unsettling and this struggle with the control of the machine can actually make it more dangerous than the smoother rotary....
- A pre-wax cleaner is a product that helps to prepare the surface for a layer of wax, the effects the product can have can differ from just preparation by cleaning, to filling swirls (like a Glaze) and leaving an oily residue for added gloss....
- There are several ways of drying your car. Drying the car with a microfiber towel is one of them. It is very common one for detailers, because microfiber towels are easy to maintain and re-use, and they minimize the risk of swirls....
- There are a multitude of types of product available for cleaning glass. some or all of these may be required depending on just how much residue, dirt or traffic film has built up on the surface of the glass. Glass cleaning is part of regular maintenance....