After polishing a surface, you normally wipe off the polish residue. Although the surface might look clean, there can be a very thin film of oils left on the surface. If there are any microscopic imperfections left in the surface, the polish residue might have filled these. This is a similar effect as a would give. To fully understand if you are ready with polishing, or if the surface needs to be perfectly clean before applying a coating, the panel needs to be “wiped down”. mixes with water at any volume, and it will dissolve ethyl, cellulose, polyvinyl butyral, many oils, alkaloids, gums and natural resins (tree sap). A wipe down with will remove any residue that hides any surface imperfections still left. Giving you a clear impression of how much polishing is required to finish the surface. It can also be used to prepare a surface before applying a coating. Many of the high performance protective products require a perfectly clean surface.
Common uses for
- Removing oily residue (polish residue, oily marks, , oily dirt)
- It dissolves many non-polar substances, such as the crud found inside exhaust tips
- Used as a solvent in certain products
- Safe for cleaning electronics
- Cleaning skin
- De-icing windshields
- Removing brake fluid
- Cleaning brakes and brake components
- Remove polish/wax residue from trims and rubbers
Removing wax with
When wax is fully cured (more then 24 hours after applying) will not remove wax. The layer left behind is not just wax (hydrocarbon) but also contains several other components that do not interact with . Wiping down with will not do more then superficial damage to upper most layer of the wax. However, when wax is still fresh and hasn’t fully cured, the solvents and oils in the product will be susceptible to , and will be able to destabilize the layer of wax. It will not fully remove it, but damage it enough to make it easy removable.
Sealants are mostly made up out of synthetic polymers (silicones, siloxane), many of these are combined with carbon and/or hydrogen. does not react with all of these. A fully cured layer of sealant will also be more difficult to negatively affect then a fresh layer of sealant that hasn’t fully cured.has an effect on many things, but not all.
is a glass cleaner
Although glass cleaner with good effect, it is not the same as a glass cleaner. If a glass cleaner is based, it will also contain several other components to increase its cleaning ability, helping it to dissolve more dirt. This does not make a glass cleaner better then , or vice versa. Both are designed to interact with contamination that is most common on those specific surfaces. could be used as a glass cleaner if your dedicated glass cleaner is empty.can be used as a
can be used to dilute polish
will retain its effectiveness regardless if the dilution ratio
Not true at all. Althoughdissolves into water very easily, diluting it to much will minimize the effect it has on the surface you want to clean. Water is added to to make it more economical and to keep it from evaporating too quickly.
doesn’t leave any traces or residue
- An applicator pad is a small round tool that can be used to apply a liquid or paste product. It is often made of a foam-like material, but can also be made from microfibre or random fabric. ...
- Monstershine Car Care is an Scottisch manufacturer of detailing product. The brand was founded by John and Stephen and currently is located in Glasgow, Scotland. The company has been active since 2014....
- TopCoat is the manufacturer of the F11 line of products and is based in America. The brand has put a lot of focus on the creation of a high performing sealant, which is available as a kit or sold seperately....
- stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer", which refers to a company that makes a product that is used in another companies end-product. For example: a Chinese bottle company is the supplier for the bottle of polish you use. There is a lot of confusion on the term, its meaning and its proper use....
- There are several different types of metal polish in the huge world of automotive detailing. Apart from the polish for paintwork there is also polish specifically for metal. These are mostly used for chrome bumpers, chrome trims, metal hubcaps, untreated metal wheels, exhausts and even engine parts....
- Surf City Garage is an American manufacturer of automotive detailing products. The brand was born after the owner was not satisfied with the products he used for his 150 car collection of classics....