After polishing a surface, you normally wipe off the polish residue. Although the surface might look clean, there can be a very thin film of oils left on the surface. If there are any microscopic imperfections left in the surface, the polish residue might have filled these. This is a similar effect as a would give. To fully understand if you are ready with polishing, or if the surface needs to be perfectly clean before applying a coating, the panel needs to be “wiped down”. mixes with water at any volume, and it will dissolve ethyl, cellulose, polyvinyl butyral, many oils, alkaloids, gums and natural resins (tree sap). A wipe down with will remove any residue that hides any surface imperfections still left. Giving you a clear impression of how much polishing is required to finish the surface. It can also be used to prepare a surface before applying a coating. Many of the high performance protective products require a perfectly clean surface.
Common uses for
- Removing oily residue (polish residue, oily marks, , oily dirt)
- It dissolves many non-polar substances, such as the crud found inside exhaust tips
- Used as a solvent in certain products
- Safe for cleaning electronics
- Cleaning skin
- De-icing windshields
- Removing brake fluid
- Cleaning brakes and brake components
- Remove polish/wax residue from trims and rubbers
Removing wax with
When wax is fully cured (more then 24 hours after applying) will not remove wax. The layer left behind is not just wax (hydrocarbon) but also contains several other components that do not interact with . Wiping down with will not do more then superficial damage to upper most layer of the wax. However, when wax is still fresh and hasn’t fully cured, the solvents and oils in the product will be susceptible to , and will be able to destabilize the layer of wax. It will not fully remove it, but damage it enough to make it easy removable.
Sealants are mostly made up out of synthetic polymers (silicones, siloxane), many of these are combined with carbon and/or hydrogen. does not react with all of these. A fully cured layer of sealant will also be more difficult to negatively affect then a fresh layer of sealant that hasn’t fully cured.has an effect on many things, but not all.
is a glass cleaner
Although glass cleaner with good effect, it is not the same as a glass cleaner. If a glass cleaner is based, it will also contain several other components to increase its cleaning ability, helping it to dissolve more dirt. This does not make a glass cleaner better then , or vice versa. Both are designed to interact with contamination that is most common on those specific surfaces. could be used as a glass cleaner if your dedicated glass cleaner is empty.can be used as a
can be used to dilute polish
will retain its effectiveness regardless if the dilution ratio
Not true at all. Althoughdissolves into water very easily, diluting it to much will minimize the effect it has on the surface you want to clean. Water is added to to make it more economical and to keep it from evaporating too quickly.
doesn’t leave any traces or residue
- Stjärnagloss is a United Kingdom located manufacturer of detailing related products since early 2010. The brand started selling via Shinearama but after a quiet period relaunched the brand in 2019 with new products. The products with Scandinavian names might give a clue on the roots of the brand....
- There are multiple ways of drying your car. The most common one is drying with Microfiber towels. However, you can also use a device that blows air for blow-drying off the water. This can especially be handy when you have to deal with small spaces, crevices or trims that can hide water....
- A vacuum cleaner is a device that uses underpressure to suck in air via an attachment (hose). The sucked in air will pull debris and dirt with the in going air, which often ends up in a removable bag. The vacuum cleaner makes it possible to transport material without mechanical cleaning or the use of cleaning liquids....
- Bouncer's is a brand from England that started out as an idea for homebrewing and resulted in a small company that sells wax,, shampoo and dressing. The company was founded in 2010 and is still going strong....
- Gliptone is an New York, America, based manufacturer of automotive detailing products that has a small range of products. They focus their attention on quality instead of quantity, something that has helped to give them the reputation for delivering high-quality products....
- What are All In One ( ) productsAn All In One (often referred to as a) product is 1 product that serves 2 (or more) goals, or works in 2 (or more) ways. This can either be a mixture of properties that result in more than 1 effect that is commonly only achieved by 2 products, or this can be mixture of products. Not all the product are actually called like that. Basically, it's the opposite of a "stand-alone product", which is 1 product that is aimed at 1 task/property....