Written by: Vinnie van Rooij
Auto Finesse is an UK based brand of detailing products, although their aim lies mainly with automotive detailing, they also sell several items that can be used for marine detailing, motorbike detailing and/or aircraft detailing.
In the very beginning
As most detailing brands, Auto Finesse started out simple and small. In fact it was just a man and a van. It started out as a detailing company in 1999, with a passion for shiny and clean cars. In 2010 they made the jump to sell detailing products and they have been growing ever since with a staff of 12 full-timers at the time of writing.
Auto Finesse have a very strong following. The long term customers and fans of Auto Finesse are considered to be family. Auto Finesse itself is a big band of friends that are joined by their love for cars and detailing. Their customers are joined to them with a similar interest. The spirit that comes out of this following is that Auto Finesse is very free giving. On their Facebook page you’ll regularly find give-aways and other freebies in the form of a small and simple competition that can be joined by anybody. Their customer service is also known to be very good.
World Wide Selling
Although Auto Finesse started out in England, they are found in many corners of the world. At the time of written it is unknown how many countries exactly, but they are being sold in the UK, Europe, America, South Africa, Australia and several places in Asia with 10 official distributors.
Auto Finesse sells a large collection of products, the range varies from shampoo, mf towels, wax, sealants, pre-wax cleaners, merchandise, polish, cleaners and much more. There is something for pretty much every job in regular automotive detailing.
Their unique branding
Auto Finesse has a very unique way of branding. They use the pin-up style from the 50’s to dress up their labels, posters and many other visual products. This is unique in the sense that they are the only detailing brand that uses this type of style for their brand. The cars and products are often presented with a beautiful pin-up girl in the picture. The car they often take to car events is a restored Volkswagen van that functions as a cash register or pay booth. Everything is made to look like it came from the era of Rock and Roll.
Auto Finesse is very active on social media and they have their own company website. They are regular visitors to detailing related events and some car meets. Auto Finesse is known to be very approachable, in person at a stand, via their website and also via social media. The brand is located in England and operates from there. As with most European detailing brands, they rarely visit events or meetings outside of Europe.
Unofficial history of Auto Finesse
The below video was made by Luke Macken and gives insight into the (unofficial) history behind Auto Finesse.
- Ardex Laboratories is an Philadelphia, America based manufacturer of several different detailing and carwash products. The company was founded in 1950 bij Arron Goldman en Dexter. The current range offers a wide variety of products for several different stages in the detailing process....
- Paintwork protection comes in two generic types: sealants and Waxes. In saome cases there are products which combine the two of these. The paintwork on you car is there not only to look nice but to protect the underlying metal work as well. However, paintwork requires protection of its own as well....
- Autosol is an American manufacturer of detailing products for various vehicles. A large portion focusses on automotive detailing products, but they also cater for industrial processes, marine, metal, motorcycles and home cleaning. The company is based in Austin, Texas and was founded in 2003....
- Corrosion Technologies LLC is an American manufacturer of detailing products. The brand creates products that are used to protect paintwork from wear and tear by external elements. They own products like RejeX, Max Wax, CorrosionX and many more....
- Wiper marks are surface imperfections in the direction and line that windscreen wipers move. Simply put, these are marks in the glass caused by the movement of the windscreen wipers. They can affect your vision and are difficult te remove....
- In the field of protection, there are generally 4 groups of products: wax, sealant, hybrid and coatings. These products can be combined, but with mixed results. Knowing what the properties of a product are will clarify the end result....
Links to this articleThere are no external links to this article. Yet.