Auto Finesse is an UK based brand of detailing products, although their aim lies mainly with automotive detailing, they also sell several items that can be used for marine detailing, motorbike detailing and/or aircraft detailing.
In the very beginning
As most detailing brands, Auto Finesse started out simple and small. In fact it was just a man and a van. It started out as a detailing company in 1999, with a passion for shiny and clean cars. In 2010 they made the jump to sell detailing products and they have been growing ever since with a staff of 12 full-timers at the time of writing.
Auto Finesse have a very strong following. The long term customers and fans of Auto Finesse are considered to be family. Auto Finesse itself is a big band of friends that are joined by their love for cars and detailing. Their customers are joined to them with a similar interest. The spirit that comes out of this following is that Auto Finesse is very free giving. On their Facebook page you’ll regularly find give-aways and other freebies in the form of a small and simple competition that can be joined by anybody. Their customer service is also known to be very good.
World Wide Selling
Although Auto Finesse started out in England, they are found in many corners of the world. At the time of written it is unknown how many countries exactly, but they are being sold in the UK, Europe, America, South Africa, Australia and several places in Asia with 10 official distributors.
Auto Finesse sells a large collection of products, the range varies from shampoo, MF towels, wax, sealants, pre-wax cleaners, merchandise, polish, cleaners and much more. There is something for pretty much every job in regular automotive detailing.
Their unique branding
Auto Finesse has a very unique way of branding. They use the pin-up style from the 50’s to dress up their labels, posters and many other visual products. This is unique in the sense that they are the only detailing brand that uses this type of style for their brand. The cars and products are often presented with a beautiful pin-up girl in the picture. The car they often take to car events is a restored Volkswagen van that functions as a cash register or pay booth. Everything is made to look like it came from the era of Rock and Roll.
Auto Finesse is very active on social media and they have their own company website. They are regular visitors to detailing related events and some car meets. Auto Finesse is known to be very approachable, in person at a stand, via their website and also via social media. The brand is located in England and operates from there. As with most European detailing brands, they rarely visit events or meetings outside of Europe.
Unofficial history of Auto Finesse
The below video was made by Luke Macken and gives insight into the (unofficial) history behind Auto Finesse.
- Surfactants are additives for certain products to lower the surface tension of a liquid. This helps the liquid to mix and combine with another substance, making it easier to combine a mixture of several (types of) substances. This acts as an emulsion, wetting-agent, detergent, foaming agent and/or dispersants. Surfactants combine Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic properties, which allows them to interact with both types....
- A rain repellent is a special product that is designed to be applied on glass. The product leaves a very Hydrophobic layer on top of the glass. Water won't be able to form any wetting, and the round beads are more easily blown off the glass....
- Krauss Tools is a German manufacturer of several detailing and bodyshop related tools and machines. The company creates, sells and develops several different product under their own label and for other manufacturers....
- Many products are sold as "concentrates", this means that you need to dilute them yourself before use. However, the explanation of the dilution is often very short because there is limited space on the label. This guide will help you with a simple chart and also an easy way for you to calculate the dilution ratio. We'll also include a few easy tips....
- Fiber Bros is a German manufacturer of microfiber-related detailing accessoiries. The brand is fairly fresh in the detailing world but are gathering a strong following in mainland Europe. The company has a very specific focus on products made from microfibers....
- In the world of protective products, their are several different types. Many detailers will be familiar with wax, some also with sealants but not many will have heard of a coating. These coatings are special products that offer extreme durability and protection, but with a cost; much less easy to apply. The technology behind these products is also very different to sealants or wax. There are coatings for paintwork, glass, rubber and plastic. These product are also referred to as SiO2 coatings or...