Auto Finesse is an UK based brand of detailing products, although their aim lies mainly with automotive detailing, they also sell several items that can be used for marine detailing, motorbike detailing and/or aircraft detailing.
In the very beginning
As most detailing brands, Auto Finesse started out simple and small. In fact it was just a man and a van. It started out as a detailing company in 1999, with a passion for shiny and clean cars. In 2010 they made the jump to sell detailing products and they have been growing ever since with a staff of 12 full-timers at the time of writing.
Auto Finesse have a very strong following. The long term customers and fans of Auto Finesse are considered to be family. Auto Finesse itself is a big band of friends that are joined by their love for cars and detailing. Their customers are joined to them with a similar interest. The spirit that comes out of this following is that Auto Finesse is very free giving. On their Facebook page you’ll regularly find give-aways and other freebies in the form of a small and simple competition that can be joined by anybody. Their customer service is also known to be very good.
World Wide Selling
Although Auto Finesse started out in England, they are found in many corners of the world. At the time of written it is unknown how many countries exactly, but they are being sold in the UK, Europe, America, South Africa, Australia and several places in Asia with 10 official distributors.
Auto Finesse sells a large collection of products, the range varies from shampoo, mf towels, wax, sealants, pre-wax cleaners, merchandise, polish, cleaners and much more. There is something for pretty much every job in regular automotive detailing.
Their unique branding
Auto Finesse has a very unique way of branding. They use the pin-up style from the 50’s to dress up their labels, posters and many other visual products. This is unique in the sense that they are the only detailing brand that uses this type of style for their brand. The cars and products are often presented with a beautiful pin-up girl in the picture. The car they often take to car events is a restored Volkswagen van that functions as a cash register or pay booth. Everything is made to look like it came from the era of Rock and Roll.
Auto Finesse is very active on social media and they have their own company website. They are regular visitors to detailing related events and some car meets. Auto Finesse is known to be very approachable, in person at a stand, via their website and also via social media. The brand is located in England and operates from there. As with most European detailing brands, they rarely visit events or meetings outside of Europe.
Unofficial history of Auto Finesse
The below video was made by Luke Macken and gives insight into the (unofficial) history behind Auto Finesse.
- Gelcoats are mostly found when working on boats and jetski's. It is a specified type of surface that is used in the process of making the shape of the object. A gelcoat is different then paint. It can be polished, clayed and protected, but slightly different then automobile paint....
- Panel wipe is a specific product that is designed to remove polish residue in order to prepare the surface for protection. This often means it has to remove oils and silicones. Most panel wipe are also good glass cleaner....
- OEM stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer", which refers to a company that makes a product that is used in another companies end-product. For example: a Chinese bottle company is the OEM supplier for the bottle of polish you use. There is a lot of confusion on the term, its meaning and its proper use....
- World of Detailing Ltd. is the company behind the tradename AllGood Car Care, who sells detailing products and manufacturers its own product under the name AllGood Car Care. The company is based in Chatteris, England and was founded by Andy Allgood....
- RestorFX originates from 2006 and was founded by Alexander and Nadia Kay and Tony Dowsett. The company is located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It is one of only a few Canadian manufacturers of automotive detailing products....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best sprayhead". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....