Flex Tools is a German manufacturer of industrial tools. Along many other tools, they fabricate a few different polishing machines. The company name is often shortened to “Flex”, and the tools used in the world of detailing are often referred to with “Flex”.
Flex manufacturers and sells a few different machine polishers, current models at the time of writing are the
- PE 8-4 80
a small compact polisher designed for small spaces
- PE 14-3 125
a rotary polisher with a speed sensitive switch
- PE 14-2 250
an extra powerfull rotary polisher with seperate speed setting
- PE 14-1 180
A rotary with extra torque
- L 602 VR
Rotary polisher with variable speed
- L 1503 VR
Classic rotary polisher
- L 1202
Straight cotton polisher with low rev
- XFE 7-15 150
Excentric (Dual Action) polisher
- XC 3401 VRG
Roto-excentric polisher with fix transmission
The older models have earned their reputation, in general, many detailers are very positive about their experience with Flex. The polishing machines can also be sold as a set, which includes the polishing pads, polishes and a backingplate.
Flex started out as Ackermann and Schmitt in 1922. The company was founded by Hermann Ackermann and Hermann Schmitt in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, Germany. Their first commercial invention was the MS6 grinder with a flexible shaft. The flexible shaft became the trademark for the brand, and eventually even caused the name change into “Flex” in 1996. In 1987, Flex uses their first design for a low speed grinder to create their first rotary polisher. Flex’s full company name is: FLEX-Elektrowerkzeuge GmbH. The company is based in Steinheim/Murr in Germany at the moment.
Flex has its own company website and is not know to be active on social media. Flex tools are sold via many webshops and resellers and varies distributors kan supply them. They are very rarely found on any meeting or event, unless represented by a reseller or distributor.
- Festool is a large manufacturer of electrical equipment. Their range of products differ from battery powered sanders, to cordless drills and corded/cordless polishers. The company originates from Germany but is active in almost all countries in the world. It can also be found in DIY and hardware stores....
- A pad washer (or pad washer) is a tool that helps to clean polishing pads without removing them from the backing plate. The tool rinses out the pad so it can be used again while detailing. This is often quicker than changing the pad and eliminates the need for a second set of polishing pads....
- Bullsone is a Korean manufacturer of car related product. They offer engine treatment product as well as surface treatment products. Their detailing products are only lately gathering more attention from the European customers. ...
- The removal of wax is a necessary step before a protective product is (re-)applied or before polishing. Wax is a hard type of protective product that is made from a large portion of natural ingredients. It has a limited lifespan and needs to be removed after a certain period....
- Carpro is a brand of detailing products that aims at using the latest technologies to create the best products. The brand originates from South Korea and is led by Avi. Carpro's full name is Carpro Trading Ltd....
- When you polish a surface, the level of imperfection defines how much work it will be to achieve a perfect finish. This can either be a 1 stage polish, a 2 stage polish or even a 3 stage polish. Different types of stages needed define slightly what pads and/or polish you are going to need, and might give an indication of the time-frame needed....