Flex Tools is a German manufacturer of industrial tools. Along many other tools, they fabricate a few different polishing machines. The company name is often shortened to “Flex”, and the tools used in the world of detailing are often referred to with “Flex”.
Flex manufacturers and sells a few different machine polishers, current models at the time of writing are the
- PE 8-4 80
a small compact polisher designed for small spaces
- PE 14-3 125
a rotary polisher with a speed sensitive switch
- PE 14-2 250
an extra powerfull rotary polisher with seperate speed setting
- PE 14-1 180
A rotary with extra torque
- L 602 VR
Rotary polisher with variable speed
- L 1503 VR
Classic rotary polisher
- L 1202
Straight cotton polisher with low rev
- XFE 7-15 150
Excentric (Dual Action) polisher
- XC 3401 VRG
Roto-excentric polisher with fix transmission
The older models have earned their reputation, in general, many detailers are very positive about their experience with Flex. The polishing machines can also be sold as a set, which includes the polishing pads, polishes and a backingplate.
Flex started out as Ackermann and Schmitt in 1922. The company was founded by Hermann Ackermann and Hermann Schmitt in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, Germany. Their first commercial invention was the MS6 grinder with a flexible shaft. The flexible shaft became the trademark for the brand, and eventually even caused the name change into “Flex” in 1996. In 1987, Flex uses their first design for a low speed grinder to create their first rotary polisher. Flex’s full company name is: FLEX-Elektrowerkzeuge GmbH. The company is based in Steinheim/Murr in Germany at the moment.
Flex has its own company website and is not know to be active on social media. Flex tools are sold via many webshops and resellers and varies distributors kan supply them. They are very rarely found on any meeting or event, unless represented by a reseller or distributor.
- Masking tape is tape designed to be applied to sensitive surfaces with the aim of masking off certain areas and easy and residue free removal. Masking tape comes in several sizes and can be varies colors. It helps to prevent polish from getting onto surfaces you don't want it to get at....
- Overspray is caused by the mist that is created when spray painting a surface. The tiny paint particles are light enough to float around in the air, when they land they slowly start to harden and become overspray. Overspray can be removed safely in many cases....
- Cleaning a matte surface is slightly different to cleaning a regular glossy surface. There are certain things you need to keep in mind to do the job correctly without affecting the matte look....
- Priming pads can help you to achieve good polishing results the first time, and will make the polishing slightly easier. To prime a pad isn't mandatory, but like anything else in the world of detailing, it is good practice to start the job properly....
- Oxidation is the chemical process in which there is a chemical reaction that involves the moving of electrons. To be more precise, it means that the substance that is giving away electrons is oxidized. In simple terms it means that the surface of any object is affected when time goes by....
- Britemax (formerly: Metal Masters) started out in 2004 with a strong focus on metal polishing products. The current range has grown into compounds, glazes, sealants and waxes with several different types of cleaning products. The company originates from the united Kingdom....