Flex Tools is a German manufacturer of industrial tools. Along many other tools, they fabricate a few different polishing machines. The company name is often shortened to “Flex”, and the tools used in the world of detailing are often referred to with “Flex”.
Flex manufacturers and sells a few different machine polishers, current models at the time of writing are the
- PE 8-4 80
a small compact polisher designed for small spaces
- PE 14-3 125
a rotary polisher with a speed sensitive switch
- PE 14-2 250
an extra powerfull rotary polisher with seperate speed setting
- PE 14-1 180
A rotary with extra torque
- L 602 VR
Rotary polisher with variable speed
- L 1503 VR
Classic rotary polisher
- L 1202
Straight cotton polisher with low rev
- XFE 7-15 150
Excentric (Dual Action) polisher
- XC 3401 VRG
Roto-excentric polisher with fix transmission
The older models have earned their reputation, in general, many detailers are very positive about their experience with Flex. The polishing machines can also be sold as a set, which includes the polishing pads, polishes and a backingplate.
Flex started out as Ackermann and Schmitt in 1922. The company was founded by Hermann Ackermann and Hermann Schmitt in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, Germany. Their first commercial invention was the MS6 grinder with a flexible shaft. The flexible shaft became the trademark for the brand, and eventually even caused the name change into “Flex” in 1996. In 1987, Flex uses their first design for a low speed grinder to create their first rotary polisher. Flex’s full company name is: FLEX-Elektrowerkzeuge GmbH. The company is based in Steinheim/Murr in Germany at the moment.
Flex has its own company website and is not know to be active on social media. Flex tools are sold via many webshops and resellers and varies distributors kan supply them. They are very rarely found on any meeting or event, unless represented by a reseller or distributor.
- This is the act of removing said contamination. The aim of turning a contaminated area into a pure and perfectly clean area. Decontamination can be achieved in several different ways....
- Fiber Bros is a German manufacturer of microfiber-related detailing accessoiries. The brand is fairly fresh in the detailing world but are gathering a strong following in mainland Europe. The company has a very specific focus on products made from microfibers....
- A melamine sponge is white sponge that resembles a foam-like sponge. It is often used to remove stubborn stains and provides strong cleaning power with much less surface imperfections then a scouring pad. It is a common products in a detailers arsenal....
- Keeping your pad clean is very important, because the paint residue on/in your pad can cause scouring onto the paint surface. If the pad has become clogged, we can’t get a perfect finish....
- S.M. Arnold Inc. is an American manufacturer of detailing products that is the backbone of extra brands such as Water Sprite, Speedy surface prep, Speedy Stik and Speedy Super Foamer. The company originates from 1928 and has a wide variety of detailing products....
- When you have a matte wrap on your car, or just matte paintwork, you need to take care what protective product you are using. Protecting a matte finish is just as important as on a normal surface, but you need to be careful what you use....