Flex Tools is a German manufacturer of industrial tools. Along many other tools, they fabricate a few different polishing machines. The company name is often shortened to “Flex”, and the tools used in the world of detailing are often referred to with “Flex”.
Flex manufacturers and sells a few different machine polishers, current models at the time of writing are the
- PE 8-4 80
a small compact polisher designed for small spaces
- PE 14-3 125
a rotary polisher with a speed sensitive switch
- PE 14-2 250
an extra powerfull rotary polisher with seperate speed setting
- PE 14-1 180
A rotary with extra torque
- L 602 VR
Rotary polisher with variable speed
- L 1503 VR
Classic rotary polisher
- L 1202
Straight cotton polisher with low rev
- XFE 7-15 150
Excentric (Dual Action) polisher
- XC 3401 VRG
Roto-excentric polisher with fix transmission
The older models have earned their reputation, in general, many detailers are very positive about their experience with Flex. The polishing machines can also be sold as a set, which includes the polishing pads, polishes and a backingplate.
Flex started out as Ackermann and Schmitt in 1922. The company was founded by Hermann Ackermann and Hermann Schmitt in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, Germany. Their first commercial invention was the MS6 grinder with a flexible shaft. The flexible shaft became the trademark for the brand, and eventually even caused the name change into “Flex” in 1996. In 1987, Flex uses their first design for a low speed grinder to create their first rotary polisher. Flex’s full company name is: FLEX-Elektrowerkzeuge GmbH. The company is based in Steinheim/Murr in Germany at the moment.
Flex has its own company website and is not know to be active on social media. Flex tools are sold via many webshops and resellers and varies distributors kan supply them. They are very rarely found on any meeting or event, unless represented by a reseller or distributor.
- The minimum paint thickness is an indication that there is no paint left to polish and should be avoided as much as possible. The downside is that this thickness is difficult to monitor or measure. Going passed this minimum thickness will result in strike-through of burn-through....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best washmitt". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Zvizzer is a Germany based manufacturer of detailing related products. The brand started out with polishing pads and have expanded to include more different products. The company also offers trainings....
- Before and after photo's are fairly popular when showing the work done on a vehicle. But these photo's don't always properly show the work that has been done because the images are to difficult to compare. ...
- An applicator pad is a small round tool that can be used to apply a liquid or paste product. It is often made of a foam-like material, but can also be made from microfibre or random fabric. ...
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best claylube". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....