Flex Tools is a German manufacturer of industrial tools. Along many other tools, they fabricate a few different polishing machines. The company name is often shortened to “Flex”, and the tools used in the world of detailing are often referred to with “Flex”.
Flex manufacturers and sells a few different machine polishers, current models at the time of writing are the
- PE 8-4 80
a small compact polisher designed for small spaces
- PE 14-3 125
a rotary polisher with a speed sensitive switch
- PE 14-2 250
an extra powerfull rotary polisher with seperate speed setting
- PE 14-1 180
A rotary with extra torque
- L 602 VR
Rotary polisher with variable speed
- L 1503 VR
Classic rotary polisher
- L 1202
Straight cotton polisher with low rev
- XFE 7-15 150
Excentric (Dual Action) polisher
- XC 3401 VRG
Roto-excentric polisher with fix transmission
The older models have earned their reputation, in general, many detailers are very positive about their experience with Flex. The polishing machines can also be sold as a set, which includes the polishing pads, polishes and a backingplate.
Flex started out as Ackermann and Schmitt in 1922. The company was founded by Hermann Ackermann and Hermann Schmitt in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, Germany. Their first commercial invention was the MS6 grinder with a flexible shaft. The flexible shaft became the trademark for the brand, and eventually even caused the name change into “Flex” in 1996. In 1987, Flex uses their first design for a low speed grinder to create their first rotary polisher. Flex’s full company name is: FLEX-Elektrowerkzeuge GmbH. The company is based in Steinheim/Murr in Germany at the moment.
Flex has its own company website and is not know to be active on social media. Flex tools are sold via many webshops and resellers and varies distributors kan supply them. They are very rarely found on any meeting or event, unless represented by a reseller or distributor.
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best fabric protector or convertible roof protector". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Even though tires can have a big impact on how a car looks, they are often ignored. They get a quick wipe and then a new coat of dressing. But cleaning your tires properly can decrease the need for a dressing and can help a dressing to perform better for longer....
- Masking tape is tape designed to be applied to sensitive surfaces with the aim of masking off certain areas and easy and residue free removal. Masking tape comes in several sizes and can be varies colors. It helps to prevent polish from getting onto surfaces you don't want it to get at....
- Carrand is a California, America based manufacturer of consumer car cleaning supplies. The company is a subsidiary of Hopkins Manufacturing from Kansas, America....
- Panel wipe is a specific product that is designed to remove polish residue in order to prepare the surface for protection. This often means it has to remove oils and silicones. Most panel wipe are also good glass cleaner....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best coating". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best washmitt". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Polishing a certain surface, using a certain technique will not always yield the same results. This is one of the difficult parts about detailing. There are many different variables that play a part in the result you want to achieve. Getting these all lined up will give great results in short time with ease....