Palm Beach Motoring Group, or PBMG, is the largest car care manufacturer, reseller and distributor in America. The company is owned by Vision Investments LLC. and is located in Florida, USA.
Palm Beach Motoring Group history
Palm Beach Motoring Group was set up by Bob McKee in 1996 as PBMA (Palm Beach Motoring Accessories). The company has grown with large amounts in its lifetime. It expanded its base of operations in 2008, 2010 and 2011. Ending up with a total space of 29.000 square feet.
On November 4, 2016 PBMG was aqcuired by the Vision Investment LLC. company. Owner Tony George, who personally meet PBMG’s founder Bob McKee has said that McKee will remain managing consultant at PBMG. Palm Beach Motoring Group has not changed its name.
One of its most well known employees, Mike Philips, was brought into the company in late 2009. He worked at Meguiar’s at that time.
PBMG activities and brands
Brands owned by PBMG:
- Pinnacle Natural Brilliance
- Pinnacle Black Label Collection
- Wolfgang Concours Series
- Speed Master
- The Belt
- McKee’s 37
- McKee’s RV
- Marine 31
They own websites/communities as:
- Car Wax blog
- The websites belonging to the brands listed above
They are active in the fields of:
- Research and development of products
- Manufacturering and selling products
- Distributing products
- Offering wharehouse and logistic solutions
- Re-tail and E-commerce
- Community and Social Media
- Event management
- Training and How-To videos
They are the leading part behind events as:
- Detail Fest
Shows by Palm Beach Motoring Group
Tv shows by PBMG (partly or whole):
- Competition Ready
- Two Guy’s Garage
- My Classic Car
- Autogeek YouTube channel
- Truck U
- Motorhead Garage
- Whats In The Garage?
PBMG owns its own company website and is a frequent visitor at car care events, detailing meetings or large car venues. The company is very active on social media and plays a big part in the detailing business in America. The headquarters of Palm Beach Motoring Group is located in Stuart, Florida and offers a large store with products off the shelve.
- Microfiber Towels, mitts, sponges, and applicators are a crucial tool in a detailers arsenal for washing and drying a vehicle, removing smears from glass, dusting dashboards, cleaning trim, buffing sealants, waxes, or coatings, removing polishing residue, applying quick-detailing sprays, soaking excess detergent from cleaner-saturated textiles, and many more applications besides....
- Gelcoats are mostly found when working on boats and jetski's. It is a specified type of surface that is used in the process of making the shape of the object. A gelcoat is different then paint. It can be polished, clayed and protected, but slightly different then automobile paint....
- Smartwax is an American brand of detailing products located in California. The brand was established around 2003 and has a fairly wide range of products that is being offered via several different resellers....
- A glass polish is a specially designed product that can polish glass. Normal polish isn't hard enough to have an effect on glass, but glass polish solves this problem. ...
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best coating". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Millions of people wash their car using a sponge. But if you read the threads on this forum you will see that hardly any members are washing their cars using a traditional sponge. Why is that? It all comes down to the flat face of the sponge. Imagine automotive paintwork with your typical dirt and grit particles stuck on the top of the paint, that you want to wash off to reveal your car's shine. Some of these dirt particles are sharp....