Palm Beach Motoring Group, or PBMG, is the largest car care manufacturer, reseller and distributor in America. The company is owned by Vision Investments LLC. and is located in Florida, USA.
Palm Beach Motoring Group history
Palm Beach Motoring Group was set up by Bob McKee in 1996 as PBMA (Palm Beach Motoring Accessories). The company has grown with large amounts in its lifetime. It expanded its base of operations in 2008, 2010 and 2011. Ending up with a total space of 29.000 square feet.
On November 4, 2016 PBMG was aqcuired by the Vision Investment LLC. company. Owner Tony George, who personally meet PBMG’s founder Bob McKee has said that McKee will remain managing consultant at PBMG. Palm Beach Motoring Group has not changed its name.
One of its most well known employees, Mike Philips, was brought into the company in late 2009. He worked at Meguiar’s at that time.
PBMG activities and brands
Brands owned by PBMG:
- Pinnacle Natural Brilliance
- Pinnacle Black Label Collection
- Wolfgang Concours Series
- Speed Master
- The Belt
- McKee’s 37
- McKee’s RV
- Marine 31
They own websites/communities as:
- Car Wax blog
- The websites belonging to the brands listed above
They are active in the fields of:
- Research and development of products
- Manufacturering and selling products
- Distributing products
- Offering wharehouse and logistic solutions
- Re-tail and E-commerce
- Community and Social Media
- Event management
- Training and How-To videos
They are the leading part behind events as:
- Detail Fest
Shows by Palm Beach Motoring Group
Tv shows by PBMG (partly or whole):
- Competition Ready
- Two Guy’s Garage
- My Classic Car
- Autogeek YouTube channel
- Truck U
- Motorhead Garage
- Whats In The Garage?
PBMG owns its own company website and is a frequent visitor at car care events, detailing meetings or large car venues. The company is very active on social media and plays a big part in the detailing business in America. The headquarters of Palm Beach Motoring Group is located in Stuart, Florida and offers a large store with products off the shelve.
- Surfactants are additives for certain products to lower the surface tension of a liquid. This helps the liquid to mix and combine with another substance, making it easier to combine a mixture of several (types of) substances. This acts as an emulsion, wetting-agent, detergent, foaming agent and/or dispersants. Surfactants combineand properties, which allows them to interact with both types....
- Detailing an electric engine bay is slightly different to a normal engine bay because the lack of a combustible engine. Electric engine require attention to different aspects then combustion engines. Seeing as electric cars are getting more popular, these will become a common sight in the future....
- A traffic film remover is a product that is specifically designed to remove "traffic film". This is a very fine layer of dust, grime and even oils that cover your car and are notoriously difficult to wash off. A traffic film remover can be wax-safe, but many ar not. This is not a product for the weekly wash, but more to be used once every couple of months. "Traffic film remover" is often shortened to....
- Washing is the act of replacing unwanted particles/substances from a surface to a carrying medium. This act is used to clean the surface that is being washed....
- Auto Magic is a Cincinnati, America based manufacturer of detailing products. They sell a variety of products. They are also the first the company who originally created the polymer clay....
- Detail King is an American manufacturer and supplier of automotive detailing products. The company offers products, trainings, classes, and authorizes detailers to use their products....