The Detailing Association, an American based association aimed at creating a standard for the detailing, valeting and car care industry by sharing information, networking between manufacturer, professionals and industry peers. ’s mission is stated as: Promoting the success and growth of the professional detailing community.is the International
To benefit from the services offered by the there is special membership program. The benefits from joining as a member are described as:
- Information about and access to major industry trade shows and other upcoming events
- Recognition as an detailing industry Member with signage, including a logo’d member certificate for your shop or mobile unit and a frameable copy of the Code of Ethics to demonstrate your commitment to professionalism in the auto
- Free webinars covering a variety of topics – from technical skills to business and marketing know-how
- Member discount on the Certified Detailer Program.
- Network and develop relationships with many of the industry’s most experienced car care professionals
- Have a question? Get your questions answered through the mentorship program and through the Members Only online forums – Or, have an answer? Let your expertise be heard and answer the forum inquiries of your fellow members.
- Priority registration for -sponsored Education & Training Programs
- Promote your business through the online Member Directory listings and through the Advertising Program
- Access Members Only key features on ’s website, including:
- Take part in the Awards Program to recognize one another for the outstanding work that we do
- Enhance your leadership skills and shape Marketing/Communications, Tradeshow/Education). by volunteering on a committee (Certification,
There are additional benefits when joining as a supplier member:
- Get your logo on the front page of the website
- Unlimited access for five (5) designated company employees to ’s website; including the Forum
- Market your company on ’s website with direct link opportunities, and participate in the Advertising Program
- Showcase your company by hosting, sponsoring, and or speaking at Education and Training Program events (contact the office for more information).
The in UK
Since May 2017, the Detailing Association to the United Kingdom. The dedicated group of UK-based detailers and valeters aim to promote the success and growth of the professional detailing community. This is very similar to the PVD Trade Association by Pro-valets.has a chapter in the UK, bringing the benefits of the
Board of directors
At the moment of writing, the
Michael Dickson – president
Justin Labato – vice president
Tom Palancia – vice president
Dan Baker – treasurer
Bob Schruefer – immediate past president
- Westhill Trading Ltd is an English manufacturer of products used in detailing and valeting. Among others, Westhill Trading is the company behind Colourlock, known for cleaning, restoring and coloring leather surfaces. The company used to be called Westhill Properties Ltd up until Februari 2015....
- A spray wax is protective product in a liquid form, thin enough to be pushed through a sprayhead in order to spread it over a surface by spraying. The liquid is usually white and unscented....
- Bouncer's is a brand from England that started out as an idea for homebrewing and resulted in a small company that sells wax,, shampoo and dressing. The company was founded in 2010 and is still going strong....
- The Clay Cloth Company is an Shropshire, England manufacturer of different detailing products with the clay cloth as their core product. The company also offers a few different brands through their webshop....
- S.M. Arnold Inc. is an American manufacturer of detailing products that is the backbone of extra brands such as Water Sprite, Speedy surface prep, Speedy Stik and Speedy Super Foamer. The company originates from 1928 and has a wide variety of detailing products....
- Sheeting is a particular form of water behavior. Thanks to the interaction between a liquid and a surface, sheeting can occur. This means that the water glides off the surface like a big "sheet" of water. There are a few different things at play that cause sheeting, but it is a popular effect that protective layer can give....