The IDA is the International Detailing Association, an American based association aimed at creating a standard for the detailing, valeting and car care industry by sharing information, networking between manufacturer, professionals and industry peers. IDA’s mission is stated as: Promoting the success and growth of the professional detailing community.
The IDA Membership
To benefit from the services offered by the IDA there is special membership program. The benefits from joining as a member are described as:
- Information about and access to major industry trade shows and other upcoming events
- Recognition as an IDA Member with IDA signage, including a logo’d member certificate for your shop or mobile unit and a frameable copy of the IDA Code of Ethics to demonstrate your commitment to professionalism in the auto detailing industry
- Free webinars covering a variety of topics – from technical skills to business and marketing know-how
- Member discount on the IDA Certified Detailer Program.
- Network and develop relationships with many of the industry’s most experienced car care professionals
- Have a question? Get your questions answered through the IDA mentorship program and through the Members Only online forums – Or, have an answer? Let your expertise be heard and answer the forum inquiries of your fellow members.
- Priority registration for IDA-sponsored Education & Training Programs
- Promote your business through the online Member Directory listings and through the IDA Advertising Program
- Access Members Only key features on IDA’s website, including:
- Take part in the IDA Awards Program to recognize one another for the outstanding work that we do
- Enhance your leadership skills and shape IDA by volunteering on a committee (Certification, Marketing/Communications, Tradeshow/Education).
There are additional benefits when joining as a supplier member:
- Get your logo on the front page of the website
- Unlimited access for five (5) designated company employees to IDA’s website; including the IDA Forum
- Market your company on IDA’s website with direct link opportunities, and participate in the IDA Advertising Program
- Showcase your company by hosting, sponsoring, and or speaking at IDA Education and Training Program events (contact the IDA office for more information).
The IDA in UK
Since May 2017, the IDA has a chapter in the UK, bringing the benefits of the Detailing Association to the United Kingdom. The dedicated group of UK-based detailers and valeters aim to promote the success and growth of the professional detailing community. This is very similar to the PVD Trade Association by Pro-valets.
Board of directors
At the moment of writing, the IDA board of directors consists of:
Michael Dickson – president
Justin Labato – vice president
Tom Palancia – vice president
Dan Baker – treasurer
Bob Schruefer – immediate past president
- Kleen Freaks is a detailing product company from Antrim, England. The company offers a small collection of products. The company has its own webshop and a distributor in Belgium....
- Smartwax is an American brand of detailing products located in California. The brand was established around 2003 and has a fairly wide range of products that is being offered via several different resellers....
- Polishing glass is not the same as polishing paint. Using the right technique will help to get easier results. Glass can be polished when it suffers from wiper marks and small imperfections....
- A polished car will stay cleaner for longer, and will in fact be much easier to clean, even without protection added. This is due to a surface that so smooth that dirt has less chance of getting caught in the microscopic hills and valleys....
- Slim's Detailing is an English detailing webshop that also offers products under its own name. Slim's Detailing is part of the Morelli Group Ltd company....
- An All In One (often referred to as a AIO) product is 1 product that serves 2 (or more) goals, or works in 2 (or more) ways. This can either be a mixture of properties that result in more than 1 effect that is commonly only achieved by 2 products, or this can be mixture of products. Not all the AIO product are actually called like that. Basically, it's the opposite of a "stand-alone product", which is 1 product that is aimed at 1 task/property....