The IDA is the International Detailing Association, an American based association aimed at creating a standard for the detailing, valeting and car care industry by sharing information, networking between manufacturer, professionals and industry peers. IDA’s mission is stated as: Promoting the success and growth of the professional detailing community.
The IDA Membership
To benefit from the services offered by the IDA there is special membership program. The benefits from joining as a member are described as:
- Information about and access to major industry trade shows and other upcoming events
- Recognition as an IDA Member with IDA signage, including a logo’d member certificate for your shop or mobile unit and a frameable copy of the IDA Code of Ethics to demonstrate your commitment to professionalism in the auto detailing industry
- Free webinars covering a variety of topics – from technical skills to business and marketing know-how
- Member discount on the IDA Certified Detailer Program.
- Network and develop relationships with many of the industry’s most experienced car care professionals
- Have a question? Get your questions answered through the IDA mentorship program and through the Members Only online forums – Or, have an answer? Let your expertise be heard and answer the forum inquiries of your fellow members.
- Priority registration for IDA-sponsored Education & Training Programs
- Promote your business through the online Member Directory listings and through the IDA Advertising Program
- Access Members Only key features on IDA’s website, including:
- Take part in the IDA Awards Program to recognize one another for the outstanding work that we do
- Enhance your leadership skills and shape IDA by volunteering on a committee (Certification, Marketing/Communications, Tradeshow/Education).
There are additional benefits when joining as a supplier member:
- Get your logo on the front page of the website
- Unlimited access for five (5) designated company employees to IDA’s website; including the IDA Forum
- Market your company on IDA’s website with direct link opportunities, and participate in the IDA Advertising Program
- Showcase your company by hosting, sponsoring, and or speaking at IDA Education and Training Program events (contact the IDA office for more information).
The IDA in UK
Since May 2017, the IDA has a chapter in the UK, bringing the benefits of the Detailing Association to the United Kingdom. The dedicated group of UK-based detailers and valeters aim to promote the success and growth of the professional detailing community. This is very similar to the PVD Trade Association by Pro-valets.
Board of directors
At the moment of writing, the IDA board of directors consists of:
Michael Dickson – president
Justin Labato – vice president
Tom Palancia – vice president
Dan Baker – treasurer
Bob Schruefer – immediate past president
- Cleaning glass can be a bit difficult. It is very easy to get streaks and smears. A dedicated glass cleaner will help a lot. But even with the proper product it depends on how you use them....
- An engine bay cleaner is a specific product that is designed to clean engine. This very heavy degreaser is designed to remove caked on carbon deposits, stubborn grime and dirt and caked on dust and sand....
- Detailing World is one of the biggest online community's in the world of detailing. The forum is based vBulletin and holds many thousands of members. Many detailing manufacturers, webshops and distributors are found here. ...
- CyberClean is a putty-like product and part of the larger JOKER group. The brand creates specialized products that make removing dirt in difficult to reach areas very easy....
- Palm Beach Motoring Group, or PBMG, is the largest car care manufacturer, reseller and distributor in America. The company is owned by Vision Investments LLC. and is located in Florida, USA....
- Nanolex is German based manufacturer of high-end nano-technology products for the automotive-, marine- and aerial detailing sector. With a collection of products that include, shampoo, coatings, sealants and tools....