The IDA is the International Detailing Association, an American based association aimed at creating a standard for the detailing, valeting and car care industry by sharing information, networking between manufacturer, professionals and industry peers. IDA’s mission is stated as: Promoting the success and growth of the professional detailing community.
The IDA Membership
To benefit from the services offered by the IDA there is special membership program. The benefits from joining as a member are described as:
- Information about and access to major industry trade shows and other upcoming events
- Recognition as an IDA Member with IDA signage, including a logo’d member certificate for your shop or mobile unit and a frameable copy of the IDA Code of Ethics to demonstrate your commitment to professionalism in the auto detailing industry
- Free webinars covering a variety of topics – from technical skills to business and marketing know-how
- Member discount on the IDA Certified Detailer Program.
- Network and develop relationships with many of the industry’s most experienced car care professionals
- Have a question? Get your questions answered through the IDA mentorship program and through the Members Only online forums – Or, have an answer? Let your expertise be heard and answer the forum inquiries of your fellow members.
- Priority registration for IDA-sponsored Education & Training Programs
- Promote your business through the online Member Directory listings and through the IDA Advertising Program
- Access Members Only key features on IDA’s website, including:
- Access to past webinar series recordings
- Articles on the latest in advances, techniques, products and detailing technologies
- Archived newsletters providing new and historical updates in the industry and the Association
- Sharing of information via Community Circles and Members Only groups
- Take part in the IDA Awards Program to recognize one another for the outstanding work that we do
- Enhance your leadership skills and shape IDA by volunteering on a committee (Certification, Marketing/Communications, Tradeshow/Education).
There are additional benefits when joining as a supplier member:
- Get your logo on the front page of the website
- Unlimited access for five (5) designated company employees to IDA’s website; including the IDA Forum
- Market your company on IDA’s website with direct link opportunities, and participate in the IDA Advertising Program
- Showcase your company by hosting, sponsoring, and or speaking at IDA Education and Training Program events (contact the IDA office for more information).
The IDA in UK
Since May 2017, the IDA has a chapter in the UK, bringing the benefits of the Detailing Association to the United Kingdom. The dedicated group of UK-based detailers and valeters aim to promote the success and growth of the professional detailing community. This is very similar to the PVD Trade Association by Pro-valets.
Board of directors
At the moment of writing, the IDA board of directors consists of:
Michael Dickson – president
Justin Labato – vice president
Tom Palancia – vice president
Dan Baker – treasurer
Bob Schruefer – immediate past president
- IODETAIL is an England based online and offline shop that sells different brands including their own products. The website mentions that the walk-in shop is the largest in the Essex-area. Very little is known about the age and origin of the company....
- Snowfoam is a particular way of pre-cleaning before washing the car with a washmitt or similar. Snowfoam will loosen up dirt and will move a lot of the dirt when it is rinsed off....
- A silicone remover is specially designed product that is aimed at breaking the polymer bonds that are the basis behind a silicone product. This product can be used to clean of certain substances from an area, for example: cleaning of residue from a protective product before applying a coating....
- Meguiars is an American manufacturer and seller of detailing products. They sell a wide variety of products and have different product ranges to cater for several different levels of experience....
- Liqui Tech is a Canadian company that was founded in 1992 and has been developing car care products. The most common name used for their products is Finish First. The company has a wide range of products offering solutions for vehicles, motors, RV and marine cleaning needs....
- Hose slides are small tools that prevent any hose from getting stuck behind the wheel of a vehicle. Hose slides are offered by many different brands and manufacturer but are all basically the same....