The IDA is the International Detailing Association, an American based association aimed at creating a standard for the detailing, valeting and car care industry by sharing information, networking between manufacturer, professionals and industry peers. IDA’s mission is stated as: Promoting the success and growth of the professional detailing community.
The IDA Membership
To benefit from the services offered by the IDA there is special membership program. The benefits from joining as a member are described as:
- Information about and access to major industry trade shows and other upcoming events
- Recognition as an IDA Member with IDA signage, including a logo’d member certificate for your shop or mobile unit and a frameable copy of the IDA Code of Ethics to demonstrate your commitment to professionalism in the auto detailing industry
- Free webinars covering a variety of topics – from technical skills to business and marketing know-how
- Member discount on the IDA Certified Detailer Program.
- Network and develop relationships with many of the industry’s most experienced car care professionals
- Have a question? Get your questions answered through the IDA mentorship program and through the Members Only online forums – Or, have an answer? Let your expertise be heard and answer the forum inquiries of your fellow members.
- Priority registration for IDA-sponsored Education & Training Programs
- Promote your business through the online Member Directory listings and through the IDA Advertising Program
- Access Members Only key features on IDA’s website, including:
- Take part in the IDA Awards Program to recognize one another for the outstanding work that we do
- Enhance your leadership skills and shape IDA by volunteering on a committee (Certification, Marketing/Communications, Tradeshow/Education).
There are additional benefits when joining as a supplier member:
- Get your logo on the front page of the website
- Unlimited access for five (5) designated company employees to IDA’s website; including the IDA Forum
- Market your company on IDA’s website with direct link opportunities, and participate in the IDA Advertising Program
- Showcase your company by hosting, sponsoring, and or speaking at IDA Education and Training Program events (contact the IDA office for more information).
The IDA in UK
Since May 2017, the IDA has a chapter in the UK, bringing the benefits of the Detailing Association to the United Kingdom. The dedicated group of UK-based detailers and valeters aim to promote the success and growth of the professional detailing community. This is very similar to the PVD Trade Association by Pro-valets.
Board of directors
At the moment of writing, the IDA board of directors consists of:
Michael Dickson – president
Justin Labato – vice president
Tom Palancia – vice president
Dan Baker – treasurer
Bob Schruefer – immediate past president
- Feynlab is an American company founded by John Suerth. The name is derived from the scientist Dr. Richard Feynman who played a significant part in the discovery and scientific knowledge around extremely small particles and their behavior....
- Turtle wax is an American company that produces and sells detailing related products. They offer a wide range of product from the very beginner up to to the professional detailer. Although originating from America, Turtle wax is sold worldwide....
- The Supernatural Machine Stick came into being for two reasons. The first was that we are always looking at cosmetics packaging because waxes are quite similar in nature, and if we can find a better way to package something we will....
- Surf City Garage is an American manufacturer of automotive detailing products. The brand was born after the owner was not satisfied with the products he used for his 150 car collection of classics....
- A Quick Detailer is a specific product that is used to give the current layer of wax a 'boost' when it is a few weeks old and starting to show wear. A quick detailer is often referred to as a QD....
- If you are starting up a business, it is important to market your business, otherwise people will not know you exist. But how do you do this? How do you make them aware of your presence and service, and then make them come to you? It is something that is difficult for any business. This is why there is big money in marketing. However, there are some reasonably simple steps you can take to get things started....