Tetrosyl is the main company behind brands such as T-cut, Bluecol, Double-T and several others. The company is located in Lancashire, England and offers their products through an extensive network of international distributors and resellers.
Tetrosyl Group Ltd. was established in 1954 by Clifford Schofield. The company is currently run by his son Peter Schofield. The headquarters is based in Lancashire, England. The company was originally established to serve the needs of body shops and commercial detailers. At this stage the company was called Lacquer Developments Limited with Tetrosyl being the brandname for the products. When it was clear that the Tetrosyl name was more recognized, the company was renamed into Tetrosyl Group Limited.
1958 saw the invention of T-Cut (Tetrosyl Cutting Oil), an oil based polishing compound. In order to get into the car care industry, the brand CarPlan Car Care was created in 1961. This was followed up by the creation of CarPlan Triplewax in 1971 as their first car wax. The expansion lead to the growth of the assortment offered in the CarPlan brand in 1972. The period between 1980 and 1988 saw an explosive growth in which Tetrosyl acquired 2 new manufacturing locations and launched the new brand Carlube Motor Oil.
The companies expansion into different markets of cleaning saw the birth of a new Automotive Upholstery Cleaner, an All-Season 5* Anti Freeze and the first ever flat based fuel can.
AutoPratic was bought in 2000 continueing their expansion ever more. This was quickly followed by the purchase of Bell Plastics, Wonder Wheels. Carlube Triple R was released in the same year as well. 2003 and 2004 where years where Tetrosyl bought Demon Shine, Bluecol and the massive Macess, including the 14 branches and over 25.000 parts retailer Motorworld.
Tetrosyl has been recognized as the UK’s most high performance companies in the Investec Hot 100 Real Business 2012, with several products in their range being recognized as international bestselling products in the Car Care market.
Tetrosyl itself offers several type of products aimed at refinishing steps in the detailing steps, but the company owns several different brands of car care products as well. These are:
- Wonder Wheels
- Carplan Demon
- Stag Tools
- TJ Filters
- Quinton Hazell
- Air Fresheners
- Auto Pratic
- Moto Pratic
The products are offered worldwide via an extensive network of distributors. Through this network it is possible to transport pretty much any brand, with any products to any place. Giving all products of the different brands a worldwide coverage.
Tetrosyl has its own company website and specific websites for the sub-brands. The company is not overly active on social media and is not very often seen on detailing fora or message boards, unless mentioned by customers. The brands that fall under Tetrosyl are not often seen in detailing-events of larger detailing-related meetings. The company is most often represented by distributors or resellers.
- When you ask a detailer for a starter pack, they will often begin with 2 buckets and a proper washmitt. But why? What's so special about a washmitt that you need to have it? A washmitt is essential in taken care of your vehicle in a way that will minimize the amount of surface imperfections you create....
- RIWAX is a manufacturer of several different types of car care and car detailing products. The brand is being sold in several different countries and has an almost global spread. The brand originates from Switzerland....
- Exhaust tips are one of those I's that need to be dotted. Exhaust tips can be difficult to clean due to type of build up that can be found on the inside or the outside of the tips....
- RestorFX originates from 2006 and was founded by Alexander and Nadia Kay and Tony Dowsett. The company is located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It is one of only a few Canadian manufacturers of automotive detailing products....
- Hubikote is a manufacturer of detailing products and is located in the United Kingdom. The brand aims at products that make people enthusiastic, not what other are doing....
- Stjärnagloss is a United Kingdom located manufacturer of detailing related products since early 2010. The brand started selling via Shinearama but after a quiet period relaunched the brand in 2019 with new products. The products with Scandinavian names might give a clue on the roots of the brand....
- Nanoshine Ltd is the company behind Ceramic Pro, a product range aimed at product based on the usage of ceramic components. ...
- Polish Angel is a German manufacturer and seller of detailing related products. The brand sells shampoo, polish, protective products, but also polish pads, gloves andtowels. Polish Angel is being sold around the world, but it only has distribution places in and around Germany and America....