Tetrosyl is the main company behind brands such as T-cut, Bluecol, Double-T and several others. The company is located in Lancashire, England and offers their products through an extensive network of international distributors and resellers.
Tetrosyl Group Ltd. was established in 1954 by Clifford Schofield. The company is currently run by his son Peter Schofield. The headquarters is based in Lancashire, England. The company was originally established to serve the needs of body shops and commercial detailers. At this stage the company was called Lacquer Developments Limited with Tetrosyl being the brandname for the products. When it was clear that the Tetrosyl name was more recognized, the company was renamed into Tetrosyl Group Limited.
1958 saw the invention of T-Cut (Tetrosyl Cutting Oil), an oil based polishing compound. In order to get into the car care industry, the brand CarPlan Car Care was created in 1961. This was followed up by the creation of CarPlan Triplewax in 1971 as their first car wax. The expansion lead to the growth of the assortment offered in the CarPlan brand in 1972. The period between 1980 and 1988 saw an explosive growth in which Tetrosyl acquired 2 new manufacturing locations and launched the new brand Carlube Motor Oil.
The companies expansion into different markets of cleaning saw the birth of a new Automotive Upholstery Cleaner, an All-Season 5* Anti Freeze and the first ever flat based fuel can.
AutoPratic was bought in 2000 continueing their expansion ever more. This was quickly followed by the purchase of Bell Plastics, Wonder Wheels. Carlube Triple R was released in the same year as well. 2003 and 2004 where years where Tetrosyl bought Demon Shine, Bluecol and the massive Macess, including the 14 branches and over 25.000 parts retailer Motorworld.
Tetrosyl has been recognized as the UK’s most high performance companies in the Investec Hot 100 Real Business 2012, with several products in their range being recognized as international bestselling products in the Car Care market.
Tetrosyl itself offers several type of products aimed at refinishing steps in the detailing steps, but the company owns several different brands of car care products as well. These are:
- Wonder Wheels
- Carplan Demon
- Stag Tools
- TJ Filters
- Quinton Hazell
- Air Fresheners
- Auto Pratic
- Moto Pratic
The products are offered worldwide via an extensive network of distributors. Through this network it is possible to transport pretty much any brand, with any products to any place. Giving all products of the different brands a worldwide coverage.
Tetrosyl has its own company website and specific websites for the sub-brands. The company is not overly active on social media and is not very often seen on detailing fora or message boards, unless mentioned by customers. The brands that fall under Tetrosyl are not often seen in detailing-events of larger detailing-related meetings. The company is most often represented by distributors or resellers.
- Polishing glass is not the same as polishing paint. Using the right technique will help to get easier results. Glass can be polished when it suffers from wiper marks and small imperfections....
- Monello is a Dutch brand of detailing products that sells polishes, shampoos, fallout removers, microfiber cloths and several more. The head office is located in the Bergschenhoek, The Netherlands, but it is being sold in several places around the world. ...
- Gliptone is an New York, America, based manufacturer of automotive detailing products that has a small range of products. They focus their attention on quality instead of quantity, something that has helped to give them the reputation for delivering high-quality products....
- A surface imperfection is an unwanted difference in depth, height or structure to the surrounding area. For example: a scratch, which is basically a sudden difference in depth with an edge that has an angle that is very different to the one of the surrounding area....
- MADCOW is an UK based manufacturer of detailing products. The brand was founded in 2013 and has been spreading its products over various countries in Europe. It recently found a distributor in America as well....
- C.A.R. Products is a manufacturer of cleaning chemicals for carwashes located in Holyoke, United States. The company has a strong focus on B2B customers....