Vinyl is a common material used in cars. There are several objects inside or outside a car that can be made from vinyl or a vinyl base. PVC is easy to clean and maintain and is very versatile.
Why use vinyl
Vinyl is a form of polymer that is very versatile. It can be used to create many different types of materials. Technically speaking, vinyl polymers are a group of polymers derived from vinyl monomers, but in common terms, vinyl refers to polyvinyl chloride, better known as PVC. The most common polymers used in plastic is vinyl.
Examples of vinyl used in/on cars
- Polystyrene, which can be used to insulate certain pockets without the fear of adding weight
- Polyvinyl Chloride, which is the material used to create several parts inside or outside the car
- Polyvinyl acetate, which is a common part of the glue used to bond parts of the interior while manufacturing
- Many wraps are made from vinyl
- Vinyl is a large part in synthetic leather
- Vinyl can be a part of the materials used in floormats and/or carpets
There are several types of plastic used in cars, the most common one would be ABS plastic. Some manufacturers prefer to use vinyl as a material for their interior. It is very difficult to see from the outside when ABS or PVC is used.
Vinyl is very easy to clean. It has a high impact strength and shouldn’t deform quickly under stress. Even parts made from ABS offer these qualities, however ABS can deform under sun exposure, PVC doesn’t. It has a very rigid surface with a good resistance against scratches and other surface marks. An APC, degreaser and even IPA-based cleaner should not have any effect on vinyl. Simply spraying the cleaning solution on a towel, wiping the surface and drying it with another towel will often be enough. Due to the density of rigid PVC, stains, dirt and other contaminants will not bond easily with the surface, making them easy to remove.
- Fabric protection is used to increase the lifespan of fabric by repelling as much dirt and stains as possible. It is commonly used on convertible roofs, seats, floormats and carpets. Fabric protection is most often done by applying a liquid....
- Steam cleaning is the act of using evaporated and heated water to clean a surface. Steam has to benefit that it interacts with oils and grease without the need for an emusifier. This means it can clean dirt and grease without soap. Which leaves less residue. Steam cleaning can be used on the outside of a car as well as on the interior....
- Dr Leather is a manufacturer of specializes leather care products. The company focuses strongly on leather, its care and maintenance. Their products can be used on car interiors but are also suited for other leather surfaces....
- Carpet stripes are lines in the carpet that give the impression that some parts of the carpet ar darker/lighter then the area next to it. This can be achieved by bending the fibers one way or the other. The only purpose of this is that it can look nice to some people. Customers might be impressed and like the effect....
- Carpro is a brand of detailing products that aims at using the latest technologies to create the best products. The brand originates from South Korea and is led by Avi. Carpro's full name is Carpro Trading Ltd....
- Paint can be repaired in several different ways. Polishing is very popular one amongst detailers, but not the only one. Some forms of paint repair are: respray, spot-repair and filling in chips. The need for what form of repair often depends on the size of the damage and/or the location....