Although almost all wraps are made from a wrap you can get. The big diversity of wraps are part of their growing succes.type material (vinyl), there can be a big difference in the different types of
Types of different wrap
When looking at the difference between wraps there are many difference you can find. You can look at gloss or matte, quality, amount of orange peel, color, with or without glue, material etc. But the most common differences to categorize the growing world of wraps would be:
- Type of look (gloss, matte etc.)
Type of look
Glossy wrap resembles classic paintwork the most. The finish is smooth and glossy. This wrap can be made in practically every color and is often also available with metallic flakes. The orange peel will be more significant then normal paint work.
There are 2 types of wraps in this form: 1. a wrap with the brushed texture and 2. a wrap with a print of a brushed material. The first version will look the most authentic because it will have much less of a sharp reflection (which is typical for the brushed look).
There are 2 types of wraps in this form: 1. a wrap with the carbon texture in and on it and 2. a wrap with the looks of carbon printed on the surface. Both can be made glossy of matte.
A custom print can have any image printed on the wrap. This can be things like the look of a rusted surface, a flag, text, a certain type of material or effect etc. These can be made in matte and glossy.
Cut out shape
Often referred to as decals or stickers, but are essentially the same as a car wrap. A machine cuts out a certain shape from the vinyl wrap. The shape is then applied to the surface in a similar way to applying a wrap.
There can be a very big difference in quality between different wraps and different manufacturers. Some wraps are not very glossy, are show huge amounts of orange peel. Others don’t stick well to the surface underneath or suffer greatly from UV damage. It can be very much worth it to invest in a proper wrap manufacturer. Certain brands have a very good reputation. They might cost a bit more, but you’ll achieve a better effect for longer and with less problems. A cheap wrap can suffer from bubbles that are difficult to remove, leaves residue after removal or is so thin that it can tear when applying.
- Leather itself has to withstand a lot of abuse over the years. Jeans rubbing over it, dirty clothes, UV, high temperatures, low temperatures, dry air, humid air, liquids, chemicals etc. To keep the leather looking fresh and prevent it from drying out, a leather protection can be used....
- A test spot is done to determine what combination of polish, polishpads and technique will give you the best results when correcting a surface. A test spot is done in a small area before you start to fully detail the entire vehicle....
- Mold can be common in vehicles that have stood still for a long time, are often exposed to moisture or vehicles that are not cleaned often. Mold is not only unsightly but also dangerous for your health....
- A spray wax is protective product in a liquid form, thin enough to be pushed through a sprayhead in order to spread it over a surface by spraying. The liquid is usually white and unscented....
- Simoniz is an American brand of car detailing products that are being sold all around the world. They offer a wide range of products and services, aimed at creating a network of professional detailer who use their products....
- stands for IsoPropyl Alcohol, and is a chemical compound often used in the world of detailing to remove polish residue. The liquid is colorless with a strong odor. Caution is required for this liquid is very highly flammable!...
- Wiper marks are surface imperfections in the direction and line that windscreen wipers move. Simply put, these are marks in the glass caused by the movement of the windscreen wipers. They can affect your vision and are difficult te remove....
- Although carwashes are very popular, they are not the place where detailers are found. There is a reason why detailers don't like a carwash. The art called detailing/valeting is very different to the service that is offered by a carwash....