The Tornador is a special designed tool that uses compressed air to blow out dirt from a certain surface. The straw inside the funnel-shaped tip makes the air rotate very quickly, making it possible to work on a much greater surface.
Cleaning with air
The Tornador is a very effective tool to clean surfaces. Because of the rotating straw, the air is blown in such a way that you can work on a greater area then with a normal stationary air gun. This rotation causes the air to come from different angles, and to clean out dirt from several angles. Which is very effective on fabric.
It is also very effective on cleaning out small crevices and gaps that are hard to reach.
How it works
The Tornador is connected to a high capacity air compressor. When the pressure is high enough, the Tornador can be used. The air that blows through the system goes through the thin straw inside the funnel-shaped tip. This makes the thin straw turn around in circles very quickly, while also blowing out air on the front. This creates a circle of high pressure air coming out the front, that can be used to blow over a surface.
The Tornador can be moved almost perpendicular and proportionally over the surface.
Tornador and liquids
The Tornador can be used in combination with liquids if wanted. The bottle can be filled with any liquid and can be mixed with the air when it blows out of the tip. This action agitates the cleaning liquid and causes it to foam up. This can then be used to spread the product. Apart from any cleaning liquid, water can also be used effectively. The water is blown out under high pressure, giving the Tornador the cleaning power of rotating air combined with the cleaning power of high pressurized water.
Jobs it can be used for
This effective cleaning tool can be used for several jobs, a few examples would be:
- Cleaning floor mats
- Cleaning interior carpet
- Applying cleaning liquids
- Cleaning out gaps and crevices
- Cleaning any fabric interior part
- Removing dog hairs from boot-carpet
- Applying pressurized liquids without the need for a high pressure washer
Pros and cons
There are a few pros and cons on the use of a Tornador.
- It is very effective at cleaning
- It is not a cheap piece of equipment
- It might not a bit of practice to get it right
- There are several accessoires for the Tornador
- It can be used with many different cleaning products
- The foaming effect can make a cleaning product more effective
- The moving parts needs regular maintenance
- It needs a high capacity air compressor
- It may need a dial to fine tune the pressure
- The rotating straw is fragile and is very prone to breaking
- The dirt being blown out, flies around in all directions
- The dirt being blown out becomes airborne, potentially making another surface dusty
- Too thick liquids can clog up the sprayer
- Monello is a Dutch brand of detailing products that sells polishes, shampoos, fallout removers, microfiber cloths and several more. The head office is located in the Bergschenhoek, The Netherlands, but it is being sold in several places around the world. ...
- There are many different steps you can take while detailing. A maintenance wash has different steps than a deep-clean wash or a 3 stage polish. In this guide I will give a very general idea on the order of those steps. More in-depth articles regarding every step will follow. This articles serves to give people a quick overview....
- Oxidation is the chemical process in which there is a chemical reaction that involves the moving of electrons. To be more precise, it means that the substance that is giving away electrons is oxidized. In simple terms it means that the surface of any object is affected when time goes by....
- Kamikaze is a Japanese manufacturer of high-end coatings that offer outstanding protection for paintwork, glass, trims, wheels and other surfaces. The brand offers a small range of premium-quality products....
- Microfiber Towels, mitts, sponges, and applicators are a crucial tool in a detailers arsenal for washing and drying a vehicle, removing smears from glass, dusting dashboards, cleaning trim, buffing sealants, waxes, or coatings, removing polishing residue, applying quick-detailing sprays, soaking excess detergent from cleaner-saturated textiles, and many more applications besides....
- Exhaust tips are one of those I's that need to be dotted. Exhaust tips can be difficult to clean due to type of build up that can be found on the inside or the outside of the tips....