The Tornador is a special designed tool that uses compressed air to blow out dirt from a certain surface. The straw inside the funnel-shaped tip makes the air rotate very quickly, making it possible to work on a much greater surface.
Cleaning with air
The Tornador is a very effective tool to clean surfaces. Because of the rotating straw, the air is blown in such a way that you can work on a greater area then with a normal stationary air gun. This rotation causes the air to come from different angles, and to clean out dirt from several angles. Which is very effective on fabric.
It is also very effective on cleaning out small crevices and gaps that are hard to reach.
How it works
The Tornador is connected to a high capacity air compressor. When the pressure is high enough, the Tornador can be used. The air that blows through the system goes through the thin straw inside the funnel-shaped tip. This makes the thin straw turn around in circles very quickly, while also blowing out air on the front. This creates a circle of high pressure air coming out the front, that can be used to blow over a surface.
The Tornador can be moved almost perpendicular and proportionally over the surface.
Tornador and liquids
The Tornador can be used in combination with liquids if wanted. The bottle can be filled with any liquid and can be mixed with the air when it blows out of the tip. This action agitates the cleaning liquid and causes it to foam up. This can then be used to spread the product. Apart from any cleaning liquid, water can also be used effectively. The water is blown out under high pressure, giving the Tornador the cleaning power of rotating air combined with the cleaning power of high pressurized water.
Jobs it can be used for
This effective cleaning tool can be used for several jobs, a few examples would be:
- Cleaning floor mats
- Cleaning interior carpet
- Applying cleaning liquids
- Cleaning out gaps and crevices
- Cleaning any fabric interior part
- Removing dog hairs from boot-carpet
- Applying pressurized liquids without the need for a high pressure washer
Pros and cons
There are a few pros and cons on the use of a Tornador.
- It is very effective at cleaning
- It is not a cheap piece of equipment
- It might not a bit of practice to get it right
- There are several accessoires for the Tornador
- It can be used with many different cleaning products
- The foaming effect can make a cleaning product more effective
- The moving parts needs regular maintenance
- It needs a high capacity air compressor
- It may need a dial to fine tune the pressure
- The rotating straw is fragile and is very prone to breaking
- The dirt being blown out, flies around in all directions
- The dirt being blown out becomes airborne, potentially making another surface dusty
- Too thick liquids can clog up the sprayer
- TACSYSTEM is a Korean manufacturer of specialized nano-technology products. The company has made a name by being the main supplier for several other big detailing manufacturers....
- Corrosion Technologies LLC is an American manufacturer of detailing products. The brand creates products that are used to protect paintwork from wear and tear by external elements. They own products like RejeX, Max Wax, CorrosionX and many more....
- Clearkote is an American manufacturer of car care products that keeps a strong focus on the core selection of products, aiming development into current products....
- Microfibers are a fabric that is designed to have certain characteristics. The microscopic fibers of this synthetic fabric can be made to have certain properties by design. Making them excel at certain tasks....
- Carbon Collective is an English manufacturer of different types of detailing products. The company is located in Daventry, England and has a distributor in America. They company has a selection of approved detailers and retailers in Europe and a distributor in America....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best fabric protector or convertible roof protector". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....