Commandant is a (from origin) Dutch manufacturer of car care products. The company is now owned by Valma, another Dutch care care manufacturer. The brand is known for their cleaner paste products.
Commandant and Valma
Commandant was born in the 1930’s, and originates from The Netherlands. After Valma bought the company, the brand fell under the Valma umbrella, making it (technically) a Belgium brand. Most of the older Dutch and/or Belgium people will know Commandant as most people has at list 1 tin of their products in their garage. The most popular product has been Cleaner No. 4 for many years. This cleaning paste acts as a pre-wax cleaner without the wax content. It contains very light abrasive particles, glaze-oils and leaves a nice shine. The finish should be topped up with a protective product afterwards.
There has been little change in the brand or the products for many years.
Commandant makes a small range of products which includes a polish, a cleaner, a liquid wax and a compound. The products are very easy to recognize by their numbers. If they label shows the following number, it is aimed at the job next to it.
|7||Protective product (wax)|
*1, 2, 6 are not in use.
Commandant doesn’t have its own website, nor is it active on Facebook or other social media. Commandant is sold by many shops that deal with paint and/or car care. It is very rarely seen on detailing events or meetings.
- A polish is an abrasive or chemical product that is mostly used to remove surface defects by removing a very thin layer of the product. If the removed layer is the same thickness as the depth of the surface defect, you will end up with a smooth surface that will not have a surface defect anymore. Many polishes are liquid, but not all. There are also polish-paste products....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best TFR, Fallout Remover or Engine Bay Cleaner". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- There are mainly 2 different types of polishes. SMAT and DAT. Knowing which one does what will help you to choose the right polish for the job....
- Dr Beasleys is a car care product manufacturer from Chicago, USA. The brand is formed by detailers, chemists, and car nuts. The brand originates from America and is being sold via various webshops....
- A very common and popular practice on social media is the picture of the 50/50 shot. This shows a very clear line that divides a fully polished section and an uncorrected section. This is done to demonstrate the difference you can get from a full correction....
- JUGÅ is a small Norwegian wax manufacturer that hand blends products. The brand is fairly new and has only gathered attention recently. A few of their products are being sold via MADCOW and have been available via resellers in several places around the world....