Professional Valeters and Detailers is a trade association in the United Kingdom, that offers a large directory of accredited detailers in their network. By vetting each detailer/valeter in their network they are able to offer a very wide range of skilled and proven detailers in almost all areas.
Professional Valeters and Detailers was established in May 2012 by Winning Formula Products Ltd. in England, to facilitate to the need for a unified trade association platform where quality service meets demands. Since 2012 Pro-valets has grown into a network with detailers and valeters in the entire United Kingdom.
Nowadays Professional Valeters and Detailers is also known as: PVD, Pro-valets, pro detailers and pro valeters.
Reasons for being a member or customer
PVD performs several checks before a new member is approved. The detailer or valeter is carefully checked for experience, training and insurance. When all the criteria has been met, the detailer or valeter can become PVD-approved. These quality controls will help to provide a database of approved detailers/valeters that are able to offer quality and service to their customers. As a customer, this will increase your chances on finding a skilled detailer that will be able to meet your demands.
Pro-valets magazine: Pro-detailer
Apart from offering a large network of detailers and valeters, and a repository of information, experience and guidance, Professional Valeters and Detailers also releases a quarterly magazine aimed at the detailing and valeting industry. The magazine is also available on back-order via their website. The magazine contains informative articles, guides, product reviews, interviews, covering of car care events, advertisements and showcases.
Guarantees from PVD
Although PVD offers an extensive network of accredited detailers and valeters, it doesn’t handle these services itself. Pro-valets vet members at the moment they apply to become approved detailers, but are not constantly monitored for their validity of their insurance. In the event of damage done by a detailer or valeter that is PVD accredited, the detailer/valeter will liase with their insurance company to ensure it is repaired. Professional Valeters and Detailers takes the quality and service of their members very seriously and will consider removing the detailer/valeter from their directory if the customers needs are not dealed with in an professionally and timely manner. The goal is to bring together good, talented and responsible valeters and detailers with customers.
Becoming an accredited member
Professional Valeters and Detailers offers a great network of detailers/valeters that is still expanding. New members can sign up via their website. PVD offers a combination of promotion, training, significant multi-brand discounts, business and technical support as well as create PR and editorial opportunities for their members.
New applicants are vetter to meet their mantra of “Skilled, Proven and Insured”. After registering via the website, you will be asked to provide proof of your PLI and Accidental Damage Insurance, as well as unit and driving policies if applicable. Independent testimonials from genuine customers, and an on site skill assessment are also required.
Professional Valeters and Detailers has its own company website. They are very active on social media and frequent visitors to message boards or detailing fora. PVD is often seen at Waxstock and is known to visit other big car (care) related events.
- Swissvax is a car-wax manufacturer based in Switzerland. They focus mainly on creating car wax with the highest standards with the best ingredients and actively support an exclusive feel about their brand and products....
- A Paint Thickness Gauge (often abbreviated to PTG, and also called a Paint Depth Gauge) is an electronic device that measures the distance between the body-panel and the sensor. This way you can measure the thickness of the paint. This gives you an indication of how much paint you have left to work with....
- 3D is an American based manufacturer of detailing products. Apart from also distributing other brands they offer a private label service. ...
- TACSYSTEM is a Korean manufacturer of specialized nano-technology products. The company has made a name by being the main supplier for several other big detailing manufacturers....
- When you have stone chips, you probably want to fix it. However, it is not like you can just spray paint your car again. Certain stone chips are more easy to repair then others. With a lot of practice, it can give a very good end result....
- There are a multitude of types of product available for cleaning glass. some or all of these may be required depending on just how much residue, dirt or traffic film has built up on the surface of the glass. Glass cleaning is part of regular maintenance....