Professional Valeters and Detailers is a trade association in the United Kingdom, that offers a large directory of accredited detailers in their network. By vetting each detailer/valeter in their network they are able to offer a very wide range of skilled and proven detailers in almost all areas.
Professional Valeters and Detailers was established in May 2012 by Winning Formula Products Ltd. in England, to facilitate to the need for a unified trade association platform where quality service meets demands. Since 2012 Pro-valets has grown into a network with detailers and valeters in the entire United Kingdom.
Nowadays Professional Valeters and Detailers is also known as: PVD, Pro-valets, pro detailers and pro valeters.
Reasons for being a member or customer
PVD performs several checks before a new member is approved. The detailer or valeter is carefully checked for experience, training and insurance. When all the criteria has been met, the detailer or valeter can become PVD-approved. These quality controls will help to provide a database of approved detailers/valeters that are able to offer quality and service to their customers. As a customer, this will increase your chances on finding a skilled detailer that will be able to meet your demands.
Pro-valets magazine: Pro-detailer
Apart from offering a large network of detailers and valeters, and a repository of information, experience and guidance, Professional Valeters and Detailers also releases a quarterly magazine aimed at the detailing and valeting industry. The magazine is also available on back-order via their website. The magazine contains informative articles, guides, product reviews, interviews, covering of car care events, advertisements and showcases.
Guarantees from PVD
Although PVD offers an extensive network of accredited detailers and valeters, it doesn’t handle these services itself. Pro-valets vet members at the moment they apply to become approved detailers, but are not constantly monitored for their validity of their insurance. In the event of damage done by a detailer or valeter that is PVD accredited, the detailer/valeter will liase with their insurance company to ensure it is repaired. Professional Valeters and Detailers takes the quality and service of their members very seriously and will consider removing the detailer/valeter from their directory if the customers needs are not dealed with in an professionally and timely manner. The goal is to bring together good, talented and responsible valeters and detailers with customers.
Becoming an accredited member
Professional Valeters and Detailers offers a great network of detailers/valeters that is still expanding. New members can sign up via their website. PVD offers a combination of promotion, training, significant multi-brand discounts, business and technical support as well as create PR and editorial opportunities for their members.
New applicants are vetter to meet their mantra of “Skilled, Proven and Insured”. After registering via the website, you will be asked to provide proof of your PLI and Accidental Damage Insurance, as well as unit and driving policies if applicable. Independent testimonials from genuine customers, and an on site skill assessment are also required.
Professional Valeters and Detailers has its own company website. They are very active on social media and frequent visitors to message boards or detailing fora. PVD is often seen at Waxstock and is known to visit other big car (care) related events.
- There are multiple ways of drying your car. The most common one is drying with Microfiber towels. However, you can also use a device that blows air for blow-drying off the water. This can especially be handy when you have to deal with small spaces, crevices or trims that can hide water....
- Supagard is a Scottish webshop that sells their own products online. The company is roughly 30 years old and has a wide range of products available in their store. The company is based in Glasgow, Scotland....
- When you polish a surface, the level of imperfection defines how much work it will be to achieve a perfect finish. This can either be a 1 stage polish, a 2 stage polish or even a 3 stage polish. Different types of stages needed define slightly what pads and/or polish you are going to need, and might give an indication of the time-frame needed....
- Slim's Detailing is an English detailing webshop that also offers products under its own name. Slim's Detailing is part of the Morelli Group Ltd company....
- Nanoskin is a California, America based manufacturer and distributor of detailing products with a focus on nano-technology. The brand has 4 sub-brands under which the different products are sold....
- An All In One (often referred to as a AIO) product is 1 product that serves 2 (or more) goals, or works in 2 (or more) ways. This can either be a mixture of properties that result in more than 1 effect that is commonly only achieved by 2 products, or this can be mixture of products. Not all the AIO product are actually called like that. Basically, it's the opposite of a "stand-alone product", which is 1 product that is aimed at 1 task/property....