Written by: Vinnie van Rooij
Collinite is an American based manufacturer of professional automotive detailing products, mainly aimed at wax. Its focus is not only on cars, but also boats, industrial and aircrafts.
The beginning of Collinite
Collinite started out in 1936, founded by Charles H. Collins. Charles H Collins was an award-winning salesman for Gabriel Snubber Distributors in the 1920s. The company carried automotive hard parts and chemicals. After selling many car waxes and cleaners (appearance products) that did not meet his or his customers’ standards, he began experimenting with his own formulas and developed a line of industrial cleaners and waxes.
The products were sold door to door during the Great Depression after Mr. Collins was laid off from GSD. The name “Collinite” was given to the products after his own last name. These days, Collinite is run by Mark Taylor (Vice President of Sales) and Patrick Taylor (Vice President of Operations) and is located in Utica, Ney York.
Collinite and its users
Different than some other manufacturers, Collinite focusses on its users. They consider their users the most important people behind the brand. Whether they are professional, DIYers or hobbyists. Although they have the choice to use many different products, their interest in Collinite says enough for the recognition that the brand deserves. The products themselves have earned their own reputation. The remarkable thing is that Collinite spends very little time or effort into traditional marketing, making the quality of the products do the talking.
Their slogan “Choice of the pros” is still relevant to this day.
Collinite is famous for several different products, among them is the Marque D’ Elegance and the Super Doublecoat Paste Wax. But the most known Collinite product is the No 845 Insulator Wax. An automotive, marine and industrial last step wax famous for its ease of use, versatility, spread characteristics and durability. The product was originally developed for use in the electrical maintenance industry on porcelain insulators.
Besides the famous products, Collinite has specialised pre-wax cleaners, metal wax and several dedicated products for marine and industrial use.
A strong brand in a new market
The world of detailing has seen remarkable growth in the last years. Several brands pop up or disappear each year. Collinite has been making its products since 1936, which makes them one of the oldest brands in the market. A strong brand that has survived for many years thanks to their attention to quality and customer opinion. A slogan on their website gives a clear impression of this:
Once a best-kept secret among garage-heads and professionals, Collinite’s automotive products have since emerged via word-of-mouth to become internationally renowned. With signature shine, tough-as-nails protection, and hallmark durability, our proprietary blends may very well be the best car waxes you’ve never heard of.
Collinite is being sold in 52 countries all around the world, supporting the choice of professionals everywhere.
Their place in the online world
Collinite has a simple and clear company website that features their products and a tool to find a distributor near you. They have a Facebook company page and have a very fast responding e-mail service. Please note that your distributor or reseller might be more suited to answer your questions.
- Eurochem Group Chemicals Ltd is an United Kingdom based manufacturer of car car supplies. The brand is mostly known as Eurochem and has a wide range of products for both washing, detailing, cleaning en supplies....
- Green Auto Clean inc. is a Canadian distributor and reseller that carries its own product, including brands such as Nanoskin, Tornador, Flex, Sonax, SM Arnlod,Inter Steam and several others. The company isn't very active outside of their own website....
- Slim's Detailing is an English detailing webshop that also offers products under its own name. Slim's Detailing is part of the Morelli Group Ltd company....
- Washworld Inc. is an American manufacturer of car wash systems. The company makes several different types of automatic car wash systems, including the needed support and training for these machines....
- Carlack is a Swiss manufacturer of car care products that has been making products since 1958. The brand is divided into 4 sections: Carlack, Aerolack, Yachtlack and Polylack, to cater for the need of several different type of surfaces and types of contaminants....
- TACSYSTEM is a Korean manufacturer of specialized nano-technology products. The company has made a name by being the main supplier for several other big detailing manufacturers....
Links to this articleThere are no external links to this article. Yet.