The beginning of Collinite
Collinite started out in 1936, founded by Charles H. Collins. Charles H Collins was an award-winning salesman for Gabriel Snubber Distributors in the 1920s. The company carried automotive hard parts and chemicals. After selling many car waxes and cleaners (appearance products) that did not meet his or his customers’ standards, he began experimenting with his own formulas and developed a line of industrial cleaners and waxes.
The products were sold door to door during the Great Depression after Mr. Collins was laid off from GSD. The name “Collinite” was given to the products after his own last name. These days, Collinite is run by Mark Taylor (Vice President of Sales) and Patrick Taylor (Vice President of Operations) and is located in Utica, Ney York.
Collinite and its users
Different than some other manufacturers, Collinite focusses on its users. They consider their users the most important people behind the brand. Whether they are professional, DIYers or hobbyists. Although they have the choice to use many different products, their interest in Collinite says enough for the recognition that the brand deserves. The products themselves have earned their own reputation. The remarkable thing is that Collinite spends very little time or effort into traditional marketing, making the quality of the products do the talking.
Their slogan “Choice of the pros” is still relevant to this day.
Collinite is famous for several different products, among them is the Marque D’ Elegance and the Super Doublecoat Paste Wax. But the most known Collinite product is the No 845 Insulator Wax. An automotive, marine and industrial last step wax famous for its ease of use, versatility, spread characteristics and durability. The product was originally developed for use in the electrical maintenance industry on porcelain insulators.
Besides the famous products, Collinite has specialised pre-wax cleaners, metal wax and several dedicated products for marine and industrial use.
A strong brand in a new market
The world of detailing has seen remarkable growth in the last years. Several brands pop up or disappear each year. Collinite has been making its products since 1936, which makes them one of the oldest brands in the market. A strong brand that has survived for many years thanks to their attention to quality and customer opinion. A slogan on their website gives a clear impression of this:
Once a best-kept secret among garage-heads and professionals, Collinite’s automotive products have since emerged via word-of-mouth to become internationally renowned. With signature shine, tough-as-nails protection, and hallmark durability, our proprietary blends may very well be the best car waxes you’ve never heard of.
Collinite is being sold in 52 countries all around the world, supporting the choice of professionals everywhere.
Their place in the online world
Collinite has a simple and clear company website that features their products and a tool to find a distributor near you. They have a Facebook company page and have a very fast responding e-mail service. Please note that your distributor or reseller might be more suited to answer your questions.
- A rain repellent is a special product that is designed to be applied on glass. The product leaves a very hydrophobic layer on top of the glass. Water won't be able to form any wetting, and the round beads are more easily blown off the glass....
- C.A.R. Products is a manufacturer of cleaning chemicals for carwashes located in Holyoke, United States. The company has a strong focus on B2B customers....
- Panel wipe is a specific product that is designed to remove polish residue in order to prepare the surface for protection. This often means it has to remove oils and silicones. Most panel wipe are also good glass cleaner....
- Smart Polish Pro is an English manufacturer of detailing products with a strong aim on environmental-friendly products that do not require the use of water. The company is fairly young, but has been growing in popularity in only a few years....
- Chemical Guys is a manufacturer of a very wide variety of detailing products. The company was founded around 1968 and is available in 50 countries worldwide. Chemical Guys are known for being a bit quirky with a firm aim at high quality products at an affordable price....
- Festool is a large manufacturer of electrical equipment. Their range of products differ from battery powered sanders, to cordless drills and corded/cordless polishers. The company originates from Germany but is active in almost all countries in the world. It can also be found in DIY and hardware stores....