Mothers Wax is a California, America based manufacturer of detailing products. They offer a wide variety of products that include shampoo, wax, sealants and tools. They have been busy in the world of detailing for several years.
In essence, Mothers wax is divided into 7 groups:
- California Gold
Aimed at high-end paint care
The standard line of old skool products
A range for machine application
High tech and high-end car care products
A line aimed at boats and other water vehicles
Detailing accessories, tools, towels and more
Polishes aimed at the professional user
Every range has their own clientele, by separating the different products they create clarity for the average customer. The range that is offered by Mothers includes wax, sealants, shampoo, dressing, brushes, MF towels, cleaners and more. Giving the average customer all they want from one brand.
Mothers wax started out very small with nothing more then one product: Mothers Mag and Aluminium Polish. They spent the weekend at car meetings and small events trying to put the word out. At bigger events, they only had a few banners, a handful of products and a 6′ by 8′ space. This soon grow into a large area, over 70 products and a complete staff to match the workload. Soon after releasing their first product, they where asked many times to give customers the same proper finish on their paintwork as their Mag and Aluminium Polish did on their wheels. Which started the process that would result in many different products.
Mothers wax have their own company website and can be found on the major car events in America. They have a Facebook page and or not overly active on social media. They can be found on a few detailing fora, but are not known to be very active.
- There are mainly 2 different types of polishes. SMAT and DAT. Knowing which one does what will help you to choose the right polish for the job....
- Duragloss is an American manufacturer of automotive, marine and racing detailing related products. The has been in the detailing business since 1973 and was formed by two brothers. Duragloss is based in Burlington, North Caroline....
- Tuf Shine is an American company that creates detailing products. They are probably best known for making the only tire sealant in the world. The company was set up by Ron West and Bob Curtis....
- As with most products, it helps to know how to polish metal. In many cases you can only give a general guide, because even though some products can fall in the same catgory, they might still need a slightly different way of applying. Metal polish is one of those products....
- Wolf's Chemicals is an Hungarian company that manufacturers and sells detailing products. The range varies from wax and sealants to cleaners, shampoo and dressing. Although the headquarters is based in Hungary, Wolf's Chemicals is being sold in several countries in Europe and Asia....
- Many detailers will post up pictures of their vehicle showing great beads, and then claim their layer of protection is very old. However, that doesn't add up. When a wax is a few months old, it doesn't bead very good anymore, and that is normal. So how did this person manage to use a normal wax and get such great beads after all that time? Because he used a QD!...