ODK is the abbreviation of Obi-Dan Karnubi. A nickname given to Dan who started homebrewing in December 2012. His home brewing eventually evolved into a detailing brand called ODK, who is known for his waxes.
How it al began
In the end of 2012 Dan was very curious about homebrewing; how do you make your own wax? His first text with his old nickname: Dan3.2, in his homebrewing topic on DetailingWorld.co.uk says it all:
I’ve been wanting to homebrew for ages ever since reading all the homebrew threads that popped up last year and of course Bouncers thread, so i decided i should have a go! Lots of reading first and researching for about a month and talking to a few members on here, big thanks to Kev A, Serapth and Bouncer for your advice . So ingredients bought i was ready to set out with batch 1
After several hit and miss recipes, he ended up with batch #16, which was a promising recipe. After several improvements, Dodo Juice got wind of his achievements. The latest version of batch #16 was sent to Dom Colbeck and after even more improvements, on 23 September 2013 Dodo Juice decided to release Dan’s recipe under the Independent White Label of Dodo Juice. The wax was called: Chocwork Orange. Around this time, PJ Aass gave Dan his new nickname; Obi-Dan Karnubi. A reference to the Star Wars character Obi-Wan Kenobi. The company ODK was officially launched in April 2014. In May 2014 ODK was asked by Dodo Juice to create another wax for their Independent White Label, which was called: The Mister Skittles Wax. It was named after the mascotte of Dodo Juice; a Dodo called Mr Skitlles.
Where is ODK found
ODK is being sold via resellers around England. The products can also be bought straight from ODK himself via their company website. Although ODK isn’t actively being sold outside England (at the moment of writing), they are open to requests and will ship to anywhere if needed. Extra costs for shipping may apply off course.
What is ODK best known for
ODK is best known for a few of their signature wax: Sterling and a few limited edition waxes such as the Mr Skittles wax.
What products does ODK make
ODK makes several types of detailing products. At the time of writing they offer: wax, shampoo, QD, snowfoam, pre-wax cleaner and some merchandise.
How to contact ODK
ODK is available via the contact form on their website, can be found at Facebook, and several different detailing fora. Dan is very approachable and has shown great willingness to help out a customer with questions. Besides the digital world, ODK can also be found at some major car shows.
- Surface tension is the energy a liquid contains that prevents its surface to be deformed by an object with a higher surface tension/energy. The surface energy of water has as a side effect that it can form beads on surfaces with a very low surface energy or high repulsive force....
- Cleaning glass can be a bit difficult. It is very easy to get streaks and smears. A dedicated glass cleaner will help a lot. But even with the proper product it depends on how you use them....
- SCANGRIP is a Danish company that specializes in creating working lights that use LED technology. The range of product vary from lights with a certain spectrum, to lights that are aimed at high intensity....
- Tetrosyl is the main company behind brands such as T-cut, Bluecol, Double-T and several others. The company is located in Lancashire, England and offers their products through an extensive network of international distributors and resellers....
- Xpel is an American based company that manufacturers and distributes transparent wraps to protect your vehicle with. The company has several approved installers and distributors around the world....
- TEVO Creations is a raw material supplier/distributor, private label company and also manufacturer/developer of nano-technology based products for the consumer, construction and automotive market. It is one of a few companies like this that originates from Malaysia....