Griot’s Garage is an American family-run manufacturer of detailing products that has been active since 1990. The company has a few different brands under its name and offers detailing product, courses and demonstrations.
Griot’s Garage history
Griot’s Garage was founded in 1990 by Richard Griot. The company relocated to Tacoma in 1994. 10 years later, in 2004 the company transitions product formulation, bottling and distribution to Plainfield. 2010 saw the launch of the flagship store in Tacoma. The first Caffeine & Gasoline event was held in 2012 at the flagship store. In 2015 the company launched the Best Of Show System. The company is and has always been family owned and family run, with the third generation involved in the company at the moment.
Griot’s Garage products
Griot’s Garage product revolve around a select group of core principles. These are: Passionate about perfect, Timless over trendy and Having fun. These pillar are put in place to make sure that every product is not just good, but also really adds to the assortment, and makes you enjoy the task ahead. The total range of products is divided over a set of sub-collections under the main flag. These are:
- Best of Show® (U.S. , E.U., and Japan)
- Best Of Show System®
- Black Shine™
- Caffeine & Gasoline®
- Car Care for the Perfectionist!®
- Complete Compound™
- Griot’s Car Care® (U.S. and China)
- Griot’s Garage Inc.® (U.S., Japan, and China)
- Have fun in your garage!®
- Motor Oil Cologne®
- Odor Exterminator®
- Rust Barrier®
- Speed Shine®
- Stay out of my Garage®
- THE BOSS™
The manufacturing of all products is done in Griot’s Garages own manufacturing plant, and are made in Plainfield, Indiana. This allows them to keep a very close eye on the quality and process that revolves around the creation of these products.
The total range of product includes detailing products for many different steps in the detailing process. These include washing, cleaning, tools, accessories, polish, wax, polishing machines, pads, hoses, car covers, flooring, metal cleaners, glass cleaners, leather care, microfiber towels and more.
Griot’s Garage has its own company website and uses Social Media to spread the word about its products and services. The company is fairly active on different channels and can be seen on some major detailing or car care related events. The brand has a selective network of distributors throughout the world. The brand is not very often seen in Europe, and is only moderately mentioned in detailing fora and similar message boards.
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best washmitt". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Kamikaze is a Japanese manufacturer of high-end coatings that offer outstanding protection for paintwork, glass, trims, wheels and other surfaces. The brand offers a small range of premium-quality products....
- JUGÅ is a small Norwegian wax manufacturer that hand blends products. The brand is fairly new and has only gathered attention recently. A few of their products are being sold via MADCOW and have been available via resellers in several places around the world....
- Castle Products is the product line from Finger Lakes and is a reseller and manufacturer from New York, America that offers a range of products aimed at detailing products, car care products and even engine additives. The brand also offers certain services on location for car maintenance....
- Wolf's Chemicals is an Hungarian company that manufacturers and sells detailing products. The range varies from wax and sealants to cleaners, shampoo and dressing. Although the headquarters is based in Hungary, Wolf's Chemicals is being sold in several countries in Europe and Asia....
- Mold can be common in vehicles that have stood still for a long time, are often exposed to moisture or vehicles that are not cleaned often. Mold is not only unsightly but also dangerous for your health....