Griot’s Garage is an American family-run manufacturer of detailing products that has been active since 1990. The company has a few different brands under its name and offers detailing product, courses and demonstrations.
Griot’s Garage history
Griot’s Garage was founded in 1990 by Richard Griot. The company relocated to Tacoma in 1994. 10 years later, in 2004 the company transitions product formulation, bottling and distribution to Plainfield. 2010 saw the launch of the flagship store in Tacoma. The first Caffeine & Gasoline event was held in 2012 at the flagship store. In 2015 the company launched the Best Of Show System. The company is and has always been family owned and family run, with the third generation involved in the company at the moment.
Griot’s Garage products
Griot’s Garage product revolve around a select group of core principles. These are: Passionate about perfect, Timless over trendy and Having fun. These pillar are put in place to make sure that every product is not just good, but also really adds to the assortment, and makes you enjoy the task ahead. The total range of products is divided over a set of sub-collections under the main flag. These are:
- Best of Show® (U.S. , E.U., and Japan)
- Best Of Show System®
- Black Shine™
- Caffeine & Gasoline®
- Car Care for the Perfectionist!®
- Complete Compound™
- Griot’s Car Care® (U.S. and China)
- Griot’s Garage Inc.® (U.S., Japan, and China)
- Have fun in your garage!®
- Motor Oil Cologne®
- Odor Exterminator®
- Rust Barrier®
- Speed Shine®
- Stay out of my Garage®
- THE BOSS™
The manufacturing of all products is done in Griot’s Garages own manufacturing plant, and are made in Plainfield, Indiana. This allows them to keep a very close eye on the quality and process that revolves around the creation of these products.
The total range of product includes detailing products for many different steps in the detailing process. These include washing, cleaning, tools, accessories, polish, wax, polishing machines, pads, hoses, car covers, flooring, metal cleaners, glass cleaners, leather care, microfiber towels and more.
Griot’s Garage has its own company website and uses Social Media to spread the word about its products and services. The company is fairly active on different channels and can be seen on some major detailing or car care related events. The brand has a selective network of distributors throughout the world. The brand is not very often seen in Europe, and is only moderately mentioned in detailing fora and similar message boards.
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best microfibre towel". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Koch-Chemie is a German manufacturer of industrial and commercial detailing products. Apart from developing new products, the brands aims at using sustainable raw materials, biologically degradable ingredients without the use of dangerous hydrocarbons....
- KRÜGER GmbH is the company behind the brand: Detail Passion and is a German manufacturer of detailing products. Apart from manufacturing, the company also sells their own products alongside several other products in their own online webshop or offline walk-in shop. The company might be better known for their online shop: Chemical Shark....
- Kleen Freaks is a detailing product company from Antrim, England. The company offers a small collection of products. The company has its own webshop and a distributor in Belgium....
- Jescar Enterprises Inc is an American manufacturer from New York that develops products under the name "Jescar Finishing". The brand developes, distributes and sells various different detailing products, mainly aimed at polishing and refining of surfaces and finishes....
- Sheeting is a particular form of water behavior. Thanks to the interaction between a liquid and a surface, sheeting can occur. This means that the water glides off the surface like a big "sheet" of water. There are a few different things at play that cause sheeting, but it is a popular effect that protective layer can give....