Griot’s Garage is an American family-run manufacturer of detailing products that has been active since 1990. The company has a few different brands under its name and offers detailing product, courses and demonstrations.
Griot’s Garage history
Griot’s Garage was founded in 1990 by Richard Griot. The company relocated to Tacoma in 1994. 10 years later, in 2004 the company transitions product formulation, bottling and distribution to Plainfield. 2010 saw the launch of the flagship store in Tacoma. The first Caffeine & Gasoline event was held in 2012 at the flagship store. In 2015 the company launched the Best Of Show System. The company is and has always been family owned and family run, with the third generation involved in the company at the moment.
Griot’s Garage products
Griot’s Garage product revolve around a select group of core principles. These are: Passionate about perfect, Timless over trendy and Having fun. These pillar are put in place to make sure that every product is not just good, but also really adds to the assortment, and makes you enjoy the task ahead. The total range of products is divided over a set of sub-collections under the main flag. These are:
- Best of Show® (U.S. , E.U., and Japan)
- Best Of Show System®
- Black Shine™
- Caffeine & Gasoline®
- Car Care for the Perfectionist!®
- Complete Compound™
- Griot’s Car Care® (U.S. and China)
- Griot’s Garage Inc.® (U.S., Japan, and China)
- Have fun in your garage!®
- Motor Oil Cologne®
- Odor Exterminator®
- Rust Barrier®
- Speed Shine®
- Stay out of my Garage®
- THE BOSS™
The manufacturing of all products is done in Griot’s Garages own manufacturing plant, and are made in Plainfield, Indiana. This allows them to keep a very close eye on the quality and process that revolves around the creation of these products.
The total range of product includes detailing products for many different steps in the detailing process. These include washing, cleaning, tools, accessories, polish, wax, polishing machines, pads, hoses, car covers, flooring, metal cleaners, glass cleaners, leather care, microfiber towels and more.
Griot’s Garage has its own company website and uses Social Media to spread the word about its products and services. The company is fairly active on different channels and can be seen on some major detailing or car care related events. The brand has a selective network of distributors throughout the world. The brand is not very often seen in Europe, and is only moderately mentioned in detailing fora and similar message boards.
- Jewelultra is an English manufacturer from Kent that produces several different types of products for the professional automotive detailing scene. Their most popular product is likely to be Diamondbrite, a paint sealant. The company does not only offer products for car detailing, but also for industrial and janitorial industries....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best rotary". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Armor All is one of the brands from Spectrum Brand inc from Wisconsin, America. The brand has a strong aim at the average consumer and has a wide range of products being offered worldwide....
- Dog hair in the interior of a car can be real nuisance. The hairs get stuck in the fibers of the fabric and become very difficult to remove. Using just a vacuum cleaner is often unsuccesfull, however, with a few tips these hairs can be removed much easier....
- Ceramic coatings are very strong forms of protection, but they are not eternal. Eventually they need to be removed in order to prepare the surface for a brand new application of protection. This means the entire layer of ceramic coatings need to be removed....
- Washworld Inc. is an American manufacturer of car wash systems. The company makes several different types of automatic car wash systems, including the needed support and training for these machines....