Griot’s Garage is an American family-run manufacturer of detailing products that has been active since 1990. The company has a few different brands under its name and offers detailing product, courses and demonstrations.
Griot’s Garage history
Griot’s Garage was founded in 1990 by Richard Griot. The company relocated to Tacoma in 1994. 10 years later, in 2004 the company transitions product formulation, bottling and distribution to Plainfield. 2010 saw the launch of the flagship store in Tacoma. The first Caffeine & Gasoline event was held in 2012 at the flagship store. In 2015 the company launched the Best Of Show System. The company is and has always been family owned and family run, with the third generation involved in the company at the moment.
Griot’s Garage products
Griot’s Garage product revolve around a select group of core principles. These are: Passionate about perfect, Timless over trendy and Having fun. These pillar are put in place to make sure that every product is not just good, but also really adds to the assortment, and makes you enjoy the task ahead. The total range of products is divided over a set of sub-collections under the main flag. These are:
- Best of Show® (U.S. , E.U., and Japan)
- Best Of Show System®
- Black Shine™
- Caffeine & Gasoline®
- Car Care for the Perfectionist!®
- Complete Compound™
- Griot’s Car Care® (U.S. and China)
- Griot’s Garage Inc.® (U.S., Japan, and China)
- Have fun in your garage!®
- Motor Oil Cologne®
- Odor Exterminator®
- Rust Barrier®
- Speed Shine®
- Stay out of my Garage®
- THE BOSS™
The manufacturing of all products is done in Griot’s Garages own manufacturing plant, and are made in Plainfield, Indiana. This allows them to keep a very close eye on the quality and process that revolves around the creation of these products.
The total range of product includes detailing products for many different steps in the detailing process. These include washing, cleaning, tools, accessories, polish, wax, polishing machines, pads, hoses, car covers, flooring, metal cleaners, glass cleaners, leather care, microfiber towels and more.
Griot’s Garage has its own company website and uses Social Media to spread the word about its products and services. The company is fairly active on different channels and can be seen on some major detailing or car care related events. The brand has a selective network of distributors throughout the world. The brand is not very often seen in Europe, and is only moderately mentioned in detailing fora and similar message boards.
- The two-bucket method is possibly to most known and most used technique used by detailers and professionals, to wash a vehicle. It is one of 3 different types of washing a vehicle that are widely considered to be safe and correct ways of cleaning a surface....
- Before and after photo's are fairly popular when showing the work done on a vehicle. But these photo's don't always properly show the work that has been done because the images are to difficult to compare. ...
- Cleaning glass can be a bit difficult. It is very easy to get streaks and smears. A dedicated glass cleaner will help a lot. But even with the proper product it depends on how you use them....
- DetailingWiki is a non-profit collection of writers and editors who aim to spread their knowledge and insight of the world of detailing. These articles are written by several different detailers and are added to the database. The main inspiration of the concept came from WikiPedia, the largest online encyclopedia in the world....
- SCANGRIP is a Danish company that specializes in creating working lights that use LED technology. The range of product vary from lights with a certain spectrum, to lights that are aimed at high intensity....
- Kleen Freaks is a detailing product company from Antrim, England. The company offers a small collection of products. The company has its own webshop and a distributor in Belgium....