Griot’s Garage is an American family-run manufacturer of detailing products that has been active since 1990. The company has a few different brands under its name and offers detailing product, courses and demonstrations.
Griot’s Garage history
Griot’s Garage was founded in 1990 by Richard Griot. The company relocated to Tacoma in 1994. 10 years later, in 2004 the company transitions product formulation, bottling and distribution to Plainfield. 2010 saw the launch of the flagship store in Tacoma. The first Caffeine & Gasoline event was held in 2012 at the flagship store. In 2015 the company launched the Best Of Show System. The company is and has always been family owned and family run, with the third generation involved in the company at the moment.
Griot’s Garage products
Griot’s Garage product revolve around a select group of core principles. These are: Passionate about perfect, Timless over trendy and Having fun. These pillar are put in place to make sure that every product is not just good, but also really adds to the assortment, and makes you enjoy the task ahead. The total range of products is divided over a set of sub-collections under the main flag. These are:
- Best of Show® (U.S. , E.U., and Japan)
- Best Of Show System®
- Black Shine™
- Caffeine & Gasoline®
- Car Care for the Perfectionist!®
- Complete Compound™
- Griot’s Car Care® (U.S. and China)
- Griot’s Garage Inc.® (U.S., Japan, and China)
- Have fun in your garage!®
- Motor Oil Cologne®
- Odor Exterminator®
- Rust Barrier®
- Speed Shine®
- Stay out of my Garage®
- THE BOSS™
The manufacturing of all products is done in Griot’s Garages own manufacturing plant, and are made in Plainfield, Indiana. This allows them to keep a very close eye on the quality and process that revolves around the creation of these products.
The total range of product includes detailing products for many different steps in the detailing process. These include washing, cleaning, tools, accessories, polish, wax, polishing machines, pads, hoses, car covers, flooring, metal cleaners, glass cleaners, leather care, microfiber towels and more.
Griot’s Garage has its own company website and uses Social Media to spread the word about its products and services. The company is fairly active on different channels and can be seen on some major detailing or car care related events. The brand has a selective network of distributors throughout the world. The brand is not very often seen in Europe, and is only moderately mentioned in detailing fora and similar message boards.
- In the world of detailing, their are several special cleaning products. Among them is the tar remover. This is a special cleaning product to remove tar and often also glue residue. Tar can come from roads and sometimes at industrial places, it is used in asphalt roads and can be used at construction sites for roofing and some plumbing jobs. It doesn't cause damage, but shows up as ugly black spots which are notoriously difficult to remove....
- Palm Beach Motoring Group, or PBMG, is the largest car care manufacturer, reseller and distributor in America. The company is owned by Vision Investments LLC. and is located in Florida, USA....
- Juicy Details Ltd is a detailing products brand from Suffolk, United Kingdom. John Bramhill is the man behind the brand, who has been a detailer for several years. Juicy Details sells many different products....
- When leather is new, damaged, re-painted or cleaned thoroughly, it might be necessary to add a new layer of protection. This protection prevents the leather from drying out, cracking, fading or suffering to much from general wear and tear....
- IGL Coatings was founded in 2014 in Malaysia, and offers coatings with the aim of combining eco-friendly properties with high-perfomance properties. The brand is available in many countries worldwide via a network of distributors....
- There are a multitude of types of product available for cleaning glass. some or all of these may be required depending on just how much residue, dirt or traffic film has built up on the surface of the glass. Glass cleaning is part of regular maintenance....