Simoniz is an American brand of car detailing products that are being sold all around the world. They offer a wide range of products and services, aimed at creating a network of professional detailer who use their products.
The company started out in 1910 in America with the development of a cleaner and a carnaube wax by George Simons. In 1912, Elmer Rich and R.J. Rich bought the full company and changed the name to Simoniz Company. The first office and factory was opened in Chicago, in the famous “Automobile row”.
In 1957 Vista One-Setp Cleaner entered the market, which was a cleaner and wax in one.
In 1956 the company shifted owner to Morton International, this gave birth to Master Wax Detergent Proof and Smooth-Pre Softened products. In 1976 Union Carbide bought the company, who introduced Shines Like The Sun, Super Poly, Body Guard, Double Wax, Simoniz II, Shine Booster and Super Blue.
In 1986, the company changed owner once more, to First Brands Corp and in 1997 to Syndet Products. The latter renamed the company to Simoniz USA.
- Simoniz ProSelect
- Simoniz Hot Wax Shine
- Epic Industries
- Janitorial Simoniz
(Not all of these groups are aimed at automobile detailing)
Simoniz has its own company website, are active on Facebook and other social media, but are very rarely seen on detailing events or car meetings. They also can’t be found on detailing fora. However, there is bound to be somebody on a detailing forum, a Facebook group who has experience with the brand. On some detailing-related events, a reseller or distributor of Simoniz might be present.
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best microfibre towel". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Warner Chemical Manufacturing is the company behind a few internationally available brands of detailing products. The company operates from California, America....
- Fabric protection is a form of treatment designed to prevent the fabric from suffering from contaminants. This could be in the form of liquids, dust, oil and other forms of unwanted particles that could get absorbed into the fibers of the fabric....
- A Paint Thickness Gauge (often abbreviated to, and also called a Paint Depth Gauge) is an electronic device that measures the distance between the body-panel and the sensor. This way you can measure the thickness of the paint. This gives you an indication of how much paint you have left to work with....
- An applicator pad is a small round tool that can be used to apply a liquid or paste product. It is often made of a foam-like material, but can also be made from microfibre or random fabric. ...
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best claybar or claymitt". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....