Simoniz is an American brand of car detailing products that are being sold all around the world. They offer a wide range of products and services, aimed at creating a network of professional detailer who use their products.
The company started out in 1910 in America with the development of a cleaner and a carnaube wax by George Simons. In 1912, Elmer Rich and R.J. Rich bought the full company and changed the name to Simoniz Company. The first office and factory was opened in Chicago, in the famous “Automobile row”.
In 1957 Vista One-Setp Cleaner entered the market, which was a cleaner and wax in one.
In 1956 the company shifted owner to Morton International, this gave birth to Master Wax Detergent Proof and Smooth-Pre Softened products. In 1976 Union Carbide bought the company, who introduced Shines Like The Sun, Super Poly, Body Guard, Double Wax, Simoniz II, Shine Booster and Super Blue.
In 1986, the company changed owner once more, to First Brands Corp and in 1997 to Syndet Products. The latter renamed the company to Simoniz USA.
- Simoniz ProSelect
- Simoniz Hot Wax Shine
- Epic Industries
- Janitorial Simoniz
(Not all of these groups are aimed at automobile detailing)
Simoniz has its own company website, are active on Facebook and other social media, but are very rarely seen on detailing events or car meetings. They also can’t be found on detailing fora. However, there is bound to be somebody on a detailing forum, a Facebook group who has experience with the brand. On some detailing-related events, a reseller or distributor of Simoniz might be present.
- Always Dry is an American supplier of nano-technology based products, based in Philipsburg, USA. The company has a strong focus on sealants and coatings that utilize the ceramic nano-technology features that have proven very popular over the last years....
- Many detailers will post up pictures of their vehicle showing great beads, and then claim their layer of protection is very old. However, that doesn't add up. When a wax is a few months old, it doesn't bead very good anymore, and that is normal. So how did this person manage to use a normal wax and get such great beads after all that time? Because he used a QD!...
- A pre-wax cleaner is a product that helps to prepare the surface for a layer of wax, the effects the product can have can differ from just preparation by cleaning, to filling swirls (like a glaze) and leaving an oily residue for added gloss....
- WOWO's is a brand of detailing products from Glasgow, United Kingdom. The brand makes and sells detailing products varying from waxes to shampoo and other cleaners. WOWO's is fairly unique in that it is almost a one-man operation....
- Sensha is one of only a few detailing product manufacturers from Australia. The company is located in Sydney but has its origin in Japan since 1997, and offers a wide range of products for carwashes, valeting and detailing....
- S.M. Arnold Inc. is an American manufacturer of detailing products that is the backbone of extra brands such as Water Sprite, Speedy surface prep, Speedy Stik and Speedy Super Foamer. The company originates from 1928 and has a wide variety of detailing products....