Simoniz is an American brand of car detailing products that are being sold all around the world. They offer a wide range of products and services, aimed at creating a network of professional detailer who use their products.
The company started out in 1910 in America with the development of a cleaner and a carnaube wax by George Simons. In 1912, Elmer Rich and R.J. Rich bought the full company and changed the name to Simoniz Company. The first office and factory was opened in Chicago, in the famous “Automobile row”.
In 1957 Vista One-Setp Cleaner entered the market, which was a cleaner and wax in one.
In 1956 the company shifted owner to Morton International, this gave birth to Master Wax Detergent Proof and Smooth-Pre Softened products. In 1976 Union Carbide bought the company, who introduced Shines Like The Sun, Super Poly, Body Guard, Double Wax, Simoniz II, Shine Booster and Super Blue.
In 1986, the company changed owner once more, to First Brands Corp and in 1997 to Syndet Products. The latter renamed the company to Simoniz USA.
- Simoniz ProSelect
- Simoniz Hot Wax Shine
- Epic Industries
- Janitorial Simoniz
(Not all of these groups are aimed at automobile detailing)
Simoniz has its own company website, are active on Facebook and other social media, but are very rarely seen on detailing events or car meetings. They also can’t be found on detailing fora. However, there is bound to be somebody on a detailing forum, a Facebook group who has experience with the brand. On some detailing-related events, a reseller or distributor of Simoniz might be present.
- Paint, just like any solid surface, has a certain hardness. To put it really simple, this tells you the force needed to put a scratch in the surface. Very soft paint gets marked easily, but is also easier to polish. A hard surface might not get scratched as easily, but will also be more difficult to polish....
- Fabric protection is used to increase the lifespan of fabric by repelling as much dirt and stains as possible. It is commonly used on convertible roofs, seats, floormats and carpets. Fabric protection is most often done by applying a liquid....
- MADCOW is an UK based manufacturer of detailing products. The brand was founded in 2013 and has been spreading its products over various countries in Europe. It recently found a distributor in America as well....
- Kisho Corporation is a Japanese manufacturer of automotive coatings that have been in business since 1965 and is located in Hyogo prefecture. The company started out as a manufacturer of cosmetic and detergent products but have moved into car care products since 1970....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best glass cleaner". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Wolfgang is one of the brands by Palm Beach Motoring Group and is located in the United States of America. The brand is also known as Wolfgang Chemicals or Wolfgang Concours....