Simoniz is an American brand of car detailing products that are being sold all around the world. They offer a wide range of products and services, aimed at creating a network of professional detailer who use their products.
The company started out in 1910 in America with the development of a cleaner and a carnaube wax by George Simons. In 1912, Elmer Rich and R.J. Rich bought the full company and changed the name to Simoniz Company. The first office and factory was opened in Chicago, in the famous “Automobile row”.
In 1957 Vista One-Setp Cleaner entered the market, which was a cleaner and wax in one.
In 1956 the company shifted owner to Morton International, this gave birth to Master Wax Detergent Proof and Smooth-Pre Softened products. In 1976 Union Carbide bought the company, who introduced Shines Like The Sun, Super Poly, Body Guard, Double Wax, Simoniz II, Shine Booster and Super Blue.
In 1986, the company changed owner once more, to First Brands Corp and in 1997 to Syndet Products. The latter renamed the company to Simoniz USA.
Simoniz offers a wide range of products, which include cleaners, sealants, wax and shampoos. The products are divided into 8 groups:
- Simoniz ProSelect
- Simoniz Hot Wax Shine
- Epic Industries
- Janitorial Simoniz
(Not all of these groups are aimed at automobile detailing)
Simoniz has its own company website, are active on Facebook and other social media, but are very rarely seen on detailing events or car meetings. They also can’t be found on detailing fora. However, there is bound to be somebody on a detailing forum, a Facebook group who has experience with the brand. On some detailing-related events, a reseller or distributor of Simoniz might be present.
- WOWO's is a brand of detailing products from Glasgow, United Kingdom. The brand makes and sells detailing products varying from waxes to shampoo and other cleaners. WOWO's is fairly unique in that it is almost a one-man operation....
- Snowfoam is a particular way of pre-cleaning before washing the car with a washmitt or similar. Snowfoam will loosen up dirt and will move a lot of the dirt when it is rinsed off....
- Wetsanding is the act of using a very abrasive product (such as sandpaper) combined with a lubricating liquid to sand away a certain amount of the surface. This needs to be done with care and should not be done by beginners....
- Although almost all wraps are made from a PVC type material (vinyl), there can be a big difference in the different types of wrap you can get. The big diversity of wraps are part of their growing succes....
- In the field of protection, there are generally 4 groups of products: wax, sealant, hybrid and coatings. These products can be combined, but with mixed results. Knowing what the properties of a product are will clarify the end result....
- AlloyGator Ltd is an English company that manufacturers plastic inserts that can be mounted between the wheel and the rim to prevent damage to the rim when hitting a curb. The products are being sold in various countries around the world and are known under the name "AlloyGator"....