Simoniz is an American brand of car detailing products that are being sold all around the world. They offer a wide range of products and services, aimed at creating a network of professional detailer who use their products.
The company started out in 1910 in America with the development of a cleaner and a carnaube wax by George Simons. In 1912, Elmer Rich and R.J. Rich bought the full company and changed the name to Simoniz Company. The first office and factory was opened in Chicago, in the famous “Automobile row”.
In 1957 Vista One-Setp Cleaner entered the market, which was a cleaner and wax in one.
In 1956 the company shifted owner to Morton International, this gave birth to Master Wax Detergent Proof and Smooth-Pre Softened products. In 1976 Union Carbide bought the company, who introduced Shines Like The Sun, Super Poly, Body Guard, Double Wax, Simoniz II, Shine Booster and Super Blue.
In 1986, the company changed owner once more, to First Brands Corp and in 1997 to Syndet Products. The latter renamed the company to Simoniz USA.
- Simoniz ProSelect
- Simoniz Hot Wax Shine
- Epic Industries
- Janitorial Simoniz
(Not all of these groups are aimed at automobile detailing)
Simoniz has its own company website, are active on Facebook and other social media, but are very rarely seen on detailing events or car meetings. They also can’t be found on detailing fora. However, there is bound to be somebody on a detailing forum, a Facebook group who has experience with the brand. On some detailing-related events, a reseller or distributor of Simoniz might be present.
- Although almost all wraps are made from a PVC type material (vinyl), there can be a big difference in the different types of wrap you can get. The big diversity of wraps are part of their growing succes....
- A traffic film remover is a product that is specifically designed to remove "traffic film". This is a very fine layer of dust, grime and even oils that cover your car and are notoriously difficult to wash off. A traffic film remover can be wax-safe, but many ar not. This is not a product for the weekly wash, but more to be used once every couple of months. "Traffic film remover" is often shortened to TFR....
- RaceGlaze is a UK based manufacturer of detailing products. They offer a wide range of products and have been in the scene for several years. The brand was formed for a desire for better cleaning products. ...
- Washing your microfiber towels with a fabric softener is a very bad idea. It will clog up the microfibers, and make the microfiber loose its special properties. This guide might help you to restore them as much as possible. Even though this guide has helped several people, keep in mind that it is very likely that you'll need to replace the towels....
- Four Star Products is an American manufacturer of detailing products aimed at the automotive and/or marine detailing industry. The brand originates from 1989 and is based in Florida....
- A surface imperfection is an unwanted difference in depth, height or structure to the surrounding area. For example: a scratch, which is basically a sudden difference in depth with an edge that has an angle that is very different to the one of the surrounding area....