An engine bay cleaner is a specific product that is designed to clean engine. This very heavy degreaser is designed to remove caked on carbon deposits, stubborn grime and dirt and caked on dust and sand.
When to use an engine bay cleaner
Although the name already suggests that is good at cleaning engine bays, it can also be used to clean suspensions, underbodies and certain parts that are exposed to severe dirt and grime. Some items can be used to strip wax and such, but not all surface respond the same to this heavy degreaser. There is a risk of staining and sometimes even irreversible surface damage. It is therefore very much recommended that you try this product carefully before applying it to a whole vehicle.
Although the exact ingredients differ very much from one product to another, they are all based an heavy degreasers. Where an APC won’t have the power to clean anymore, the engine bay cleaner begins. This means it needs to be used carefully and protection should be worn. When used properly it can make a job a lot easier and clean grime that seemed unremovable.
Tips and tricks
Although it is not a difficult product to use, you can use these tips and tricks to get an better result or do it in a cheaper way.
- If the dirt is has to remove isn’t severe, you can dilute it and make it last longer
- Clean off as much with APC first, and then remove the last bit with the engine bay cleaner
- Although very effective, this product is not very cheap. Take this in account when making your price
- Wear rotection for your skin and eyes. Engine bay cleaners are very chemical
- Always try out on a small area before applying to a larger area
- Always be extra careful around unprotected metal
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best washmitt". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Carspünk is a manufacturer of detailing products from the United Kingdom. They offer cleaning, washing and protection products for automobile maintenance. They also have a merchandise clothing line available on their webshop....
- Jeweling is popular term among those who want to achieve the last and final step of finishing polishing a car. Although it is not certain where the term came from, if done properly it does add depth to the paintwork....
- When you drive your own business, marketing is the thing you use to put your name out there and get new customers. It is a passive way of actively acquiring new customers. But how do you organize this for yourself?...
- Microfiber Towels, mitts, sponges, and applicators are a crucial tool in a detailers arsenal for washing and drying a vehicle, removing smears from glass, dusting dashboards, cleaning trim, buffing sealants, waxes, or coatings, removing polishing residue, applying quick-detailing sprays, soaking excess detergent from cleaner-saturated textiles, and many more applications besides....
- Carbon Collective is an English manufacturer of different types of detailing products. The company is located in Daventry, England and has a distributor in America. They company has a selection of approved detailers and retailers in Europe and a distributor in America....