An engine bay cleaner is a specific product that is designed to clean engine. This very heavy degreaser is designed to remove caked on carbon deposits, stubborn grime and dirt and caked on dust and sand.
When to use an engine bay cleaner
Although the name already suggests that is good at cleaning engine bays, it can also be used to clean suspensions, underbodies and certain parts that are exposed to severe dirt and grime. Some items can be used to strip wax and such, but not all surface respond the same to this heavy degreaser. There is a risk of staining and sometimes even irreversible surface damage. It is therefore very much recommended that you try this product carefully before applying it to a whole vehicle.
Although the exact ingredients differ very much from one product to another, they are all based an heavy degreasers. Where an won’t have the power to clean anymore, the engine bay cleaner begins. This means it needs to be used carefully and protection should be worn. When used properly it can make a job a lot easier and clean grime that seemed unremovable.
Tips and tricks
Although it is not a difficult product to use, you can use these tips and tricks to get an better result or do it in a cheaper way.
- If the dirt is has to remove isn’t severe, you can dilute it and make it last longer
- Clean off as much with first, and then remove the last bit with the engine bay cleaner
- Although very effective, this product is not very cheap. Take this in account when making your price
- Wear rotection for your skin and eyes. Engine bay cleaners are very chemical
- Always try out on a small area before applying to a larger area
- Always be extra careful around unprotected metal
- Carrand is a California, America based manufacturer of consumer car cleaning supplies. The company is a subsidiary of Hopkins Manufacturing from Kansas, America....
- Microfiber Madness is a manufacturer of microfiber products. They specialize in towels and cloths and focus on creating high standard products that are the best in their field....
- A Paint Thickness Gauge (often abbreviated to, and also called a Paint Depth Gauge) is an electronic device that measures the distance between the body-panel and the sensor. This way you can measure the thickness of the paint. This gives you an indication of how much paint you have left to work with....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best sealant". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- There is a lot of confusion between detailing and valeting. Some people think there is a certain difference, other people think they are the same. The difference between these 2 has always been a big part of discussion....
- Finish Kare is a detailing products manufacturer that started out creating mold release products. The step into car wax for protective purposes was a small change that was easy enough to make. The brand now offers a small range of cleaning, polishing, protecting and perfecting surfaces for both car and marine detailing....