An engine bay cleaner is a specific product that is designed to clean engine. This very heavy degreaser is designed to remove caked on carbon deposits, stubborn grime and dirt and caked on dust and sand.
When to use an engine bay cleaner
Although the name already suggests that is good at cleaning engine bays, it can also be used to clean suspensions, underbodies and certain parts that are exposed to severe dirt and grime. Some items can be used to strip wax and such, but not all surface respond the same to this heavy degreaser. There is a risk of staining and sometimes even irreversible surface damage. It is therefore very much recommended that you try this product carefully before applying it to a whole vehicle.
Although the exact ingredients differ very much from one product to another, they are all based an heavy degreasers. Where an won’t have the power to clean anymore, the engine bay cleaner begins. This means it needs to be used carefully and protection should be worn. When used properly it can make a job a lot easier and clean grime that seemed unremovable.
Tips and tricks
Although it is not a difficult product to use, you can use these tips and tricks to get an better result or do it in a cheaper way.
- If the dirt is has to remove isn’t severe, you can dilute it and make it last longer
- Clean off as much with first, and then remove the last bit with the engine bay cleaner
- Although very effective, this product is not very cheap. Take this in account when making your price
- Wear rotection for your skin and eyes. Engine bay cleaners are very chemical
- Always try out on a small area before applying to a larger area
- Always be extra careful around unprotected metal
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best detailing brush". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- A surface imperfection is an unwanted difference in depth, height or structure to the surrounding area. For example: a scratch, which is basically a sudden difference in depth with an edge that has an angle that is very different to the one of the surrounding area....
- Supagard is a Scottish webshop that sells their own products online. The company is roughly 30 years old and has a wide range of products available in their store. The company is based in Glasgow, Scotland....
- Clearkote is an American manufacturer of car care products that keeps a strong focus on the core selection of products, aiming development into current products....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best sealant". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- A vacuum cleaner is a device that uses underpressure to suck in air via an attachment (hose). The sucked in air will pull debris and dirt with the in going air, which often ends up in a removable bag. The vacuum cleaner makes it possible to transport material without mechanical cleaning or the use of cleaning liquids....