Before and after photo’s are fairly popular when showing the work done on a vehicle. But these photo’s don’t always properly show the work that has been done because the images are to difficult to compare.
Why make before and after photo’s
When showing of the work done on a vehicle, it is not only important to show the result of the labour, but also the difference it makes with how it used to look. The difference from before to after can convince customers that detailing makes a large difference and is worth the money the customer will have to pay for it. It can also help to clearify the difference between carwashers and detailers. The effect from before and after photo’s loses their meaning when they don’t properly show the difference. Several customers will look at these pictures with a sense of caution, they might not believe the incredible difference. If the photo’s show a difference in lighting, different angle or different positioning of vehicle, the customer might use these differences to say that it has been edited. Or the customer might think that the difference in angle is the reason why paint looks so much better.
How to make good before and after photo’s
There are several points to keep in mind when making photo’s the process on a vehicle. The most common recommendations are:
- Do not change the angle, mounting a camera on a tripod might help
- Set the values of the camera on manual, which prevents it changing the ISO or contrast values
- Do not move the vehicle
- Working indoors with electrical lighting will prevent the changing sunlight from playing a role
- Use pre-defined spots and angles that are always used
- Putting tape on the floor, where you stand when making a picture can help finding the proper angle again
What are good before and after photo’s?
Good before and after photo’s offer the viewer the following information:
- Clearly shows the state of the paintwork, including dirt and paint defects
- Clearly show the absense or presence of gloss and reflection
- Shows the state of plastic and/or rubber trim
- Clearly shows the state of the interior
- Offers full shots of the entire vehicle
- Highlight extraordinairy paint defects
- Slim's Detailing is an English detailing webshop that also offers products under its own name. Slim's Detailing is part of the Morelli Group Ltd company....
- Microfiber Madness is a manufacturer of microfiber products. They specialize in towels and cloths and focus on creating high standard products that are the best in their field....
- The Garry Dean Wash Method is a specific way of washing that helps to save money, use less water and aims to minimize the risk of creating swirls or marring. The technique is very suitable for areas with water restrictions, limited resources and can (with a bit of practice) save time....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best sprayhead". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- Many products are sold as "concentrates", this means that you need to dilute them yourself before use. However, the explanation of the dilution is often very short because there is limited space on the label. This guide will help you with a simple chart and also an easy way for you to calculate the dilution ratio. We'll also include a few easy tips....
- In the world of polishes there are several grades. Among them are the compounds. These are the rough polishes aimed at more cut and less refinement. A compound is often used in combination with a rotary, but can also be used with apolisher. ...