Before and after photo’s are fairly popular when showing the work done on a vehicle. But these photo’s don’t always properly show the work that has been done because the images are to difficult to compare.
Why make before and after photo’s
When showing of the work done on a vehicle, it is not only important to show the result of the labour, but also the difference it makes with how it used to look. The difference from before to after can convince customers that detailing makes a large difference and is worth the money the customer will have to pay for it. It can also help to clearify the difference between carwashers and detailers. The effect from before and after photo’s loses their meaning when they don’t properly show the difference. Several customers will look at these pictures with a sense of caution, they might not believe the incredible difference. If the photo’s show a difference in lighting, different angle or different positioning of vehicle, the customer might use these differences to say that it has been edited. Or the customer might think that the difference in angle is the reason why paint looks so much better.
How to make good before and after photo’s
There are several points to keep in mind when making photo’s the process on a vehicle. The most common recommendations are:
- Do not change the angle, mounting a camera on a tripod might help
- Set the values of the camera on manual, which prevents it changing the ISO or contrast values
- Do not move the vehicle
- Working indoors with electrical lighting will prevent the changing sunlight from playing a role
- Use pre-defined spots and angles that are always used
- Putting tape on the floor, where you stand when making a picture can help finding the proper angle again
What are good before and after photo’s?
Good before and after photo’s offer the viewer the following information:
- Clearly shows the state of the paintwork, including dirt and paint defects
- Clearly show the absense or presence of gloss and reflection
- Shows the state of plastic and/or rubber trim
- Clearly shows the state of the interior
- Offers full shots of the entire vehicle
- Highlight extraordinairy paint defects
- Salt is an unwelcome type of contamination on your vehicle. Salt can cause rapid corrosion and extreme dage to unprotected metals. It can also severely stain polished metals and create a matte look over the surface....
- Holograms are a visual sideeffect that can occur when polishing in a certain way with certain products. It looks good with minimal lighting, but when the lights hits the paint just right, you can see certain marks in de surface. These are very small surface imperfections that cause the light to be reflected in a slightly different way....
- Reed-Union Corporation is a car care product manufacturer from Illinois, America who started out as Reed-Union Corporation in 1929. The brand has grown into a wide variety of products aimed at several different steps in the detailing process....
- Detailing an electric engine bay is slightly different to a normal engine bay because the lack of a combustible engine. Electric engine require attention to different aspects then combustion engines. Seeing as electric cars are getting more popular, these will become a common sight in the future....
- Bossauto is a Spanish manufacturer and distributor of bodywork tools and products. This includes some products, tools and jobs that are not carried out by detailers....
- Wetsanding isn't very difficult in the steps you need to take. It's the technique that makes the different. When mastered, wetsanding can give very good results, but it is also very risk and should be done with great care....