Before and after photo’s are fairly popular when showing the work done on a vehicle. But these photo’s don’t always properly show the work that has been done because the images are to difficult to compare.
Why make before and after photo’s
When showing of the work done on a vehicle, it is not only important to show the result of the labour, but also the difference it makes with how it used to look. The difference from before to after can convince customers that detailing makes a large difference and is worth the money the customer will have to pay for it. It can also help to clearify the difference between carwashers and detailers. The effect from before and after photo’s loses their meaning when they don’t properly show the difference. Several customers will look at these pictures with a sense of caution, they might not believe the incredible difference. If the photo’s show a difference in lighting, different angle or different positioning of vehicle, the customer might use these differences to say that it has been edited. Or the customer might think that the difference in angle is the reason why paint looks so much better.
How to make good before and after photo’s
There are several points to keep in mind when making photo’s the process on a vehicle. The most common recommendations are:
- Do not change the angle, mounting a camera on a tripod might help
- Set the values of the camera on manual, which prevents it changing the ISO or contrast values
- Do not move the vehicle
- Working indoors with electrical lighting will prevent the changing sunlight from playing a role
- Use pre-defined spots and angles that are always used
- Putting tape on the floor, where you stand when making a picture can help finding the proper angle again
What are good before and after photo’s?
Good before and after photo’s offer the viewer the following information:
- Clearly shows the state of the paintwork, including dirt and paint defects
- Clearly show the absense or presence of gloss and reflection
- Shows the state of plastic and/or rubber trim
- Clearly shows the state of the interior
- Offers full shots of the entire vehicle
- Highlight extraordinairy paint defects
- Mitchell and King is an United Kingdom based manufacturer of car wax and detailing supplies. They uphold the mentality that car care products should treat the car with respect and care....
- Flex Tools is a German manufacturer of industrial tools. Along many other tools, they fabricate a few different polishing machines. The company name is often shortened to "Flex", and the tools used in the world of detailing are often referred to with "Flex"....
- Ceramic Pro is the productline created by Nanoshine Ltd. Ceramic Pro consists out of pure ceramic type products, including a ceramic coating for automobile and marine.'...
- If you are starting up a business, it is important to market your business, otherwise people will not know you exist. But how do you do this? How do you make them aware of your presence and service, and then make them come to you? It is something that is difficult for any business. This is why there is big money in marketing. However, there are some reasonably simple steps you can take to get things started....
- Surfactants are additives for certain products to lower the surface tension of a liquid. This helps the liquid to mix and combine with another substance, making it easier to combine a mixture of several (types of) substances. This acts as an emulsion, wetting-agent, detergent, foaming agent and/or dispersants. Surfactants combine hydrophobic and hydrophilic properties, which allows them to interact with both types....
- Tetrosyl is the main company behind brands such as T-cut, Bluecol, Double-T and several others. The company is located in Lancashire, England and offers their products through an extensive network of international distributors and resellers....