Before and after photo’s are fairly popular when showing the work done on a vehicle. But these photo’s don’t always properly show the work that has been done because the images are to difficult to compare.
Why make before and after photo’s
When showing of the work done on a vehicle, it is not only important to show the result of the labour, but also the difference it makes with how it used to look. The difference from before to after can convince customers that detailing makes a large difference and is worth the money the customer will have to pay for it. It can also help to clearify the difference between carwashers and detailers. The effect from before and after photo’s loses their meaning when they don’t properly show the difference. Several customers will look at these pictures with a sense of caution, they might not believe the incredible difference. If the photo’s show a difference in lighting, different angle or different positioning of vehicle, the customer might use these differences to say that it has been edited. Or the customer might think that the difference in angle is the reason why paint looks so much better.
How to make good before and after photo’s
There are several points to keep in mind when making photo’s the process on a vehicle. The most common recommendations are:
- Do not change the angle, mounting a camera on a tripod might help
- Set the values of the camera on manual, which prevents it changing the ISO or contrast values
- Do not move the vehicle
- Working indoors with electrical lighting will prevent the changing sunlight from playing a role
- Use pre-defined spots and angles that are always used
- Putting tape on the floor, where you stand when making a picture can help finding the proper angle again
What are good before and after photo’s?
Good before and after photo’s offer the viewer the following information:
- Clearly shows the state of the paintwork, including dirt and paint defects
- Clearly show the absense or presence of gloss and reflection
- Shows the state of plastic and/or rubber trim
- Clearly shows the state of the interior
- Offers full shots of the entire vehicle
- Highlight extraordinairy paint defects
- Removing a scratch is a very important part of the correction process. However, there are several different ways of removing several different types of scratches. It also needs an explanation on what removing a scratch actually means....
- World of Detailing Ltd. is the company behind the tradename AllGood Car Care, who sells detailing products and manufacturers its own product under the name AllGood Car Care. The company is based in Chatteris, England and was founded by Andy Allgood....
- It is often asked on detailing fora and social media: "what is the best fabric protector or convertible roof protector". Off course there is a difference between certain products and brands, but it is important to know what you are asking. In this guide I will try to explain what the problem is with this question unless it is asked more in-depth....
- When you have stone chips, you probably want to fix it. However, it is not like you can just spray paint your car again. Certain stone chips are more easy to repair then others. With a lot of practice, it can give a very good end result....
- Delamination occurs when 2 layers seperate from each other. This can happen between many different types of material. Delamination can occur between 2 layers of paint, but also between a wax and a coating. Even when windowtint seperates from the window, it can be referred to as delamination....
- A glass polish is a specially designed product that can polish glass. Normal polish isn't hard enough to have an effect on glass, but glass polish solves this problem. ...